1. A flexible container with a single opening.
4. Any member of Athapaskan tribes that migrated to the southwestern desert (from Arizona to Texas and south into Mexico).
10. The unit of frequency.
13. A dark-skinned member of a race of people living in Australia when Europeans arrived.
14. An East Indian sailor.
15. Temporary military shelter.
16. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
17. Money extracted as a penalty.
19. Of an instrument of certain death.
21. One of two flaps attached to a cap to keep the ears warm.
23. (Jungian psychology) The inner self (not the external persona) that is in touch with the unconscious.
25. Roman Emperor who succeeded Tiberius and whose uncontrolled passions resulted in manifest insanity.
26. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
29. South African term for `boss'.
31. A tricycle (usually propelled by pedalling).
36. Any of various coarse shrubby plants of the genus Iva with small greenish flowers.
39. An officer who acts as military assistant to a more senior officer.
41. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
43. Type genus of the Percidae.
44. Viscera and trimmings of a butchered animal often considered inedible by humans.
48. A small cake leavened with yeast.
51. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
52. God of the Underworld.
53. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
58. A tax levied on the difference between a commodity's price before taxes and its cost of production.
59. Tastelessness by virtue of being cheap and vulgar.
60. A party of people assembled in the evening (usually at a private house).
61. A type of submachine gun that is designed and manufactured in Israel.
62. The residue that remains when something is burned.
63. (of games) Engaged in.
64. A fractional monetary unit of Japan and Indonesia and Cambodia.
1. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
2. A French abbot.
3. Any of numerous agile ruminants related to sheep but having a beard and straight horns.
4. An annual publication including weather forecasts and other miscellaneous information arranged according to the calendar of a given year.
5. United States physicist (born in Austria) who proposed the exclusion principle (thus providing a theoretical basis for the periodic table) (1900-1958).
6. The sign language used in the United States.
7. Being one hundred more than two hundred.
8. The emotion of hate.
9. A trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
10. (Mexican) Ground beef and chili peppers or chili powder often with tomatoes and kidney beans.
11. Shrubby tree widely distributed along tropical shores.
12. A way of access consisting of a set of steps.
18. A river that rises in northeastern Turkey (near the source of the Euphrates) and flows generally eastward through Armenia to the Caspian Sea.
20. A Loloish language.
22. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
24. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
27. Mother goddess.
28. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
30. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
32. The sixth month of the civil year.
33. A New England state.
34. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
35. Minor or subordinate.
37. Decoration consisting of an open pattern of interlacing ribs.
38. (informal) Subject to accident or chance or change.
40. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
42. Any of various spiny trees or shrubs of the genus Acacia.
43. Being ten more than one hundred ninety.
45. A contagious fungal infection of the scalp.
46. Affect with wonder.
47. Of or relating to the ancient Latins or the Latin language.
49. Type genus of the Anatidae.
50. A vessel in which something is immersed to maintain it at a constant temperature or to process or lubricate it.
54. Of southern Europe.
55. A colloid that has a continuous liquid phase in which a solid is suspended in a liquid.
56. (meaning literally `born') Used to indicate the maiden or family name of a married woman.
57. A doctor's degree in education.