1. The virus that causes acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS).
4. Accumulate on the surface.
10. (in golf) The standard number of strokes set for each hole on a golf course, or for the entire course.
13. Water frozen in the solid state.
14. A penicillinase-resistant form of penicillin (trade name Nafcil) used (usually in the form of its sodium salt) to treat infections caused by penicillin-resistant strains of staphylococci.
15. Any of various primates with short tails or no tail at all.
16. Powdery starch from certain sago palms.
18. An audiotape recording of sound.
19. A narrow headband or strip of ribbon worn as a headband.
20. A crate for packing soap.
23. (slang) A gangster's pistol.
24. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
28. Of or relating to or near the coccyx.
32. An amino acid that is found in the central nervous system.
33. A metal-bearing mineral valuable enough to be mined.
34. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
36. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
40. Small bitter fruit of the marasca cherry tree from whose juice maraschino liqueur is made.
45. The sound of sheep or goats (or any sound resembling this) v 1.
46. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
47. (informal) `johnny' was applied as a nickname for Confederate soldiers by the Federal soldiers in the American Civil War.
48. A rare heavy polyvalent metallic element that resembles manganese chemically and is used in some alloys.
49. Any of various spiny trees or shrubs of the genus Acacia.
52. Australian shrubs and small trees with evergreen usually spiny leaves and dense clusters of showy flowers.
55. A particular geographical region of indefinite boundary (usually serving some special purpose or distinguished by its people or culture or geography).
58. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
59. Marked by excessive enthusiasm for and intense devotion to a cause or idea.
62. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
64. A spacecraft that carries astronauts from the command module to the surface of the moon and back.
65. A peninsula in southwestern Europe.
67. Being one more than two.
68. A unit of length of thread or yarn.
69. High quality grape brandy distilled in the Cognac district of France.
70. An agency of the United Nations affiliated with the World Bank.
1. A fricative sound (especially as an expression of disapproval).
2. The United Nations agency concerned with civil aviation.
3. Prolific Spanish playwright (1562-1635).
4. An associate degree in nursing.
5. Panel forming the lower part of an interior wall when it is finished differently from the rest.
6. The second largest city in Tunisia.
7. The month following September and preceding November.
8. A state in New England.
9. Sandwich filled with slices of bacon and tomato with lettuce.
10. A large heavy knife used in Central and South America as a weapon or for cutting vegetation.
11. Relating to or having the characteristics of bees.
12. A long noosed rope used to catch animals.
17. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
21. The cry made by sheep.
22. An accountant certified by the state.
25. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
26. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
27. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
29. Using speech rather than writing.
30. Wrap us in a cerecloth, as of a corpse.
31. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
35. A small cake leavened with yeast.
37. A sensation (as of a cold breeze or bright light) that precedes the onset of certain disorders such as a migraine attack or epileptic seizure.
38. (informal) Of the highest quality.
39. A workplace for the conduct of scientific research.
41. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
42. Of or relating to or composed of fat.
43. Congenital absence of the heart (as in the development of some monsters).
44. Any competition.
50. A mound of stones piled up as a memorial or to mark a boundary or path.
51. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
53. On or toward the lee.
54. God of love and erotic desire.
56. Harsh or corrosive in tone.
57. (Greek mythology) Goddess of the earth and mother of Cronus and the Titans in ancient mythology.
60. A dark-skinned member of a race of people living in Australia when Europeans arrived.
61. Call upon in supplication.
63. Being two more than fifty.
66. A radioactive element of the actinide series.