1. A Turkish unit of weight equal to about 2.75 pounds.
4. United States writer of poems and plays about racial conflict (born in 1934).
10. A white linen liturgical vestment with sleeves.
13. (in golf) The standard number of strokes set for each hole on a golf course, or for the entire course.
14. A port city in southwestern Iran.
15. An ancient Hebrew unit of capacity equal to 10 baths or 10 ephahs.
16. (Old Testament) Adam's wife in Judeo-Christian mythology.
17. (Roman Catholic Church) A devotion consisting of prayers on nine consecutive days.
18. Large brownish-green New Zealand parrot.
19. A starch made by leaching and drying the root of the cassava plant.
22. Large swift fly the female of which sucks blood of various animals.
23. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
25. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
28. Tropical starchy tuberous root.
33. Any of numerous low-growing cushion-forming plants of the genus Draba having rosette-forming leaves and terminal racemes of small flowers with scapose or leafy stems.
35. Relating to or lying near the palate.
37. A close friend who accompanies his buddies in their activities.
38. System of measurement based on centimeters and grams and seconds.
40. The mission in San Antonio where in 1836 Mexican forces under Santa Anna besieged and massacred American rebels who were fighting to make Texas independent of Mexico.
41. A white secretion of the sebaceous glands of the foreskin.
44. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
45. Goddess of the dead and queen of the underworld.
47. An associate degree in applied science.
49. The United Nations agency concerned with atomic energy.
52. God of love and erotic desire.
57. Singing jazz.
59. An Indian side dish of yogurt and chopped cucumbers and spices.
61. The bureau of the Treasury Department responsible for tax collections.
64. The United Nations agency concerned with civil aviation.
65. The seat within a bishop's diocese where his cathedral is located adv.
66. Jordan's port.
67. An Iranian language spoken in Afghanistan.
1. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
2. (Polynesian) An alcoholic drink made from the aromatic roots of the kava shrub.
3. (Greek mythology) Greek god of war.
4. Obvious and dull.
5. Appearing earlier in the same text.
6. (usually plural) A destructive action.
7. A sweetened beverage of diluted fruit juice.
8. A Dravidian language spoken in southern India.
9. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
10. A town and port in northwestern Israel in the eastern Mediterranean.
11. United States physiologist (born in Germany) who did research on parthenogenesis (1859-1924).
12. (informal) Exceptionally good.
20. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
21. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
24. Offering fun and gaiety.
26. A metric unit of weight equal to one thousandth of a kilogram.
27. Exhibiting or restored to vigorous good health.
29. A person forced to flee from home or country.
30. A major god.
31. Informal terms for a mother.
32. A coarse obnoxious person.
34. The highest level or degree attainable.
36. By bad luck.
39. United States liquid unit equal to 4 quarts or 3.785 liters.
42. Stairway in India leading down to a landing on the water.
43. A rotating disk shaped to convert circular into linear motion.
46. Jordan's port.
48. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
50. A unit of area (4840 square yards) used in English-speaking countries.
51. Freedom from difficulty or hardship or effort.
53. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
54. Any of various minerals consisting of hydrous silicates of aluminum or potassium etc. that crystallize in forms that allow perfect cleavage into very thin leaves.
55. Essential oil or perfume obtained from flowers.
56. Any of a group of antidepressant drugs that inhibit the action of monoamine oxidase in the brain and so allow monoamines to accumulate.
58. One-thousandth of an equivalent.
59. A brittle gray crystalline element that is a semiconducting metalloid (resembling silicon) used in transistors.
60. A resource.
62. Unknown god.
63. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.