1. A health resort near a spring or at the seaside.
4. Transient cessation of respiration.
9. The total spent for goods or services including money and time and labor.
13. 4-wheeled motor vehicle.
14. Impressive in scale.
15. Any character from an ancient Germanic alphabet used in Scandinavia from the 3rd century to the Middle Ages.
16. A legal document codifying the result of deliberations of a committee or society or legislative body.
17. A desert in southern Israel.
18. Essential oil or perfume obtained from flowers.
19. A block of the earth's crust bounded by faults and shifted to form peaks of a mountain range.
21. (prosody) Of or consisting of iambs.
23. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
24. A public promotion of some product or service.
26. Open to change.
27. A very poisonous metallic element that has three allotropic forms.
29. A small cake leavened with yeast.
31. Having any of numerous bright or strong colors reminiscent of the color of blood or cherries or tomatoes or rubies.
32. A Russian prison camp for political prisoners.
34. A pilgrimage to Mecca.
39. Of or pertaining to a number system having 16 as its base.
40. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
42. Possessing or using or characteristic of or appropriate to supernatural powers.
46. An elaborate song for solo voice.
48. The god who fathered the islands and gods of Japan with his sister Izanami.
49. Filled with the emotional impact of overwhelming surprise or shock.
51. English scholastic philosopher and assumed author of Occam's Razor (1285-1349).
55. The lofty nest of a bird of prey (such as a hawk or eagle).
59. The cry made by sheep.
60. The capital and largest city of Ghana with a deep-water port.
64. A city of central China.
65. A slippery or viscous liquid or liquefiable substance not miscible with water.
66. The world's largest desert (3,500,000 square miles) in North Africa.
68. Flower arrangement consisting of a circular band of foliage or flowers for ornamental purposes.
69. An inflammatory complication of leprosy that results in painful skin lesions on the arms and legs and face.
70. A port city in southwestern Iran.
71. A boy or man.
1. A fraudulent business scheme.
2. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
3. An honorary arts degree.
4. God of fire.
5. Manufactured in standard sizes to be shipped and assembled elsewhere.
6. Someone (especially a woman) who annoys people by constantly finding fault.
7. The compass point midway between northeast and east.
8. A nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory medicine (trade names Advil and Motrin and Nuprin) used to relieve the pain of arthritis and as an analgesic and antipyretic.
9. Annual or perennial herbs with large leaves that resemble the leaves of cabbages.
10. Bid over an opponent's bid when one's partner has not bid or doubled, in Bridge.
11. Freshwater or marine or terrestrial gastropod mollusk usually having an external enclosing spiral shell.
12. The third canonical hour.
20. A island in the Netherlands Antilles that is the top of an extinct volcano.
22. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
25. The longer of the two telegraphic signals used in Morse code.
28. A man who courts a woman.
30. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
33. Being one more than sixty.
35. Type genus of the Amiidae.
36. Empty rhetoric or insincere or exaggerated talk.
37. A flexible container with a single opening.
38. American prizefighter who won the world heavyweight championship three times (born in 1942).
41. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
43. (Greek mythology) Goddess of the earth and mother of Cronus and the Titans in ancient mythology.
44. A numerical scale used to compare variables with one another or with some reference number.
45. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
47. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
50. Soft suede glove leather from goatskin.
52. (Old Testament) Cain and Abel were the first children of Adam and Eve born after the Fall of Man.
53. A telephone connection.
54. An independent group of closely related Chadic languages spoken in the area between the Biu-Mandara and East Chadic languages.
55. Extremely pleasing.
56. A small stream.
57. The United Nations agency concerned with atomic energy.
58. A town in north central Oklahoma.
61. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
62. A unit of absorbed ionizing radiation equal to 100 ergs per gram of irradiated material.
63. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
67. An associate degree in nursing.