1. (usually followed by `to' or `for') On the point of or strongly disposed.
4. An organ in its earliest stage of development.
10. The basic unit of electric current adopted under the System International d'Unites.
13. Perennial herb of East India to Polynesia and Australia cultivated for its large edible root yielding Otaheite arrowroot starch.
14. An athlete who bounds or leaps (as in basketball).
15. Mature female of mammals of which the male is called `buck'.
16. A period marked by distinctive character or reckoned from a fixed point or event.
17. English comedienne and mistress of Charles II (1650-1687).
19. A high-crowned black cap (usually made of felt or sheepskin) worn by men in Turkey and Iran and the Caucasus.
22. The United Nations agency concerned with the interests of labor.
23. A United Nations agency created to assist developing nations by loans guaranteed by member governments.
25. The act of deciding to do something.
28. Genus of tall smooth herbs of forested mountains of Europe and Asia minor.
32. Any of various primates with short tails or no tail at all.
35. A knife resembling a cleaver.
36. Established by or founded upon law or official or accepted rules.
38. (Welsh) A warrior god.
40. A Turkish unit of weight equal to about 2.75 pounds.
41. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
42. A rare silvery (usually trivalent) metallic element.
43. A belief (or system of beliefs) accepted as authoritative by some group or school.
45. State in northeastern India.
48. A state in northwestern North America.
51. An ambitious and aspiring young person.
55. (cosmology) The original matter that (according to the big bang theory) existed before the formation of the chemical elements.
57. An association of nations dedicated to economic and political cooperation in southeastern Asia.
59. Water frozen in the solid state.
60. At right angles to the length of a ship or airplane.
63. A woman hired to suckle a child of someone else.
64. A doctor's degree in theology.
65. Jordan's port.
66. A small cake leavened with yeast.
1. A detailed description of design criteria for a piece of work.
2. A genus of Mustelidae.
3. An official language of the Republic of South Africa.
4. Of or relating to alga.
5. United States astronomer (1835-1909).
6. Concerning those not members of the clergy.
7. Of or relating to apnea.
8. (British) Informal term for information.
9. A trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
10. The sixth month of the civil year.
11. A magic power or magic spell.
12. A hymn of praise (especially one sung in ancient Greece to invoke or thank a deity).
18. Measuring instrument in which the echo of a pulse of microwave radiation is used to detect and locate distant objects.
20. Dish baked in pastry-lined pan often with a pastry top.
21. A department of Greece in the central Peloponnese.
24. Used as a Hindi courtesy title.
26. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
27. Prolific Spanish playwright (1562-1635).
29. A textile machine for weaving yarn into a textile v 1.
30. A liquid used for printing or writing or drawing.
31. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
33. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
34. Primitive chlorophyll-containing mainly aquatic eukaryotic organisms lacking true stems and roots and leaves.
37. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
39. A rapid escape (as by criminals).
44. United States space station.
46. The capital and largest city of Yemen.
47. A metallic element having four allotropic forms.
49. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
50. A member of the Siouan people formerly living in the Missouri river valley in NE Nebraska.
52. United States writer (born in Poland) who wrote in Yiddish (1880-1957).
53. A condition requiring relief.
54. Area around the altar of a church for the clergy and choir.
56. A Tibetan or Mongolian priest of Lamaism.
58. A sharp hand gesture (resembling a blow).
61. A radioactive transuranic element.
62. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.