1. United States writer (born in Poland) who wrote in Yiddish (1880-1957).
5. English theoretical physicist who applied relativity theory to quantum mechanics and predicted the existence of antimatter and the positron (1902-1984).
10. A police officer who investigates crimes.
13. Informal terms for money.
14. English aristocrat who was the first wife of Prince Charles.
15. Group insurance that entitles members to services of participating hospitals and clinics and physicians.
16. At right angles to the length of a ship or airplane.
18. An anti-inflammatory drug that does not contain steroids.
20. An awl for making small holes for brads or small screws.
23. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
24. A heavy ductile magnetic metallic element.
25. A game in which numbered balls are drawn and random and players cover the corresponding numbers on their cards.
28. Tropical tree of Central America and West Indies and Puerto Rico having spikes of white flowers.
32. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
35. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
37. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
38. The cry made by sheep.
40. Surrealist Spanish painter (1904-1989).
42. A unit of absorbed ionizing radiation equal to 100 ergs per gram of irradiated material.
43. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
46. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
49. An informal term for a father.
50. A dull persistent (usually moderately intense) pain.
53. A confusion of voices and other sounds.
57. A ballistic missile that is capable of traveling from one continent to another.
59. United States tennis player who was the first Black to win United States and English singles championships (1943-1993).
62. Capital city of the Apulia region on the Adriatic coast.
63. The highest level or degree attainable.
64. Horny plate covering and protecting part of the dorsal surface of the digits.
65. A hardy cabbage with coarse curly leaves that do not form a head.
66. An aromatic ointment used in antiquity.
67. A prearranged fight with deadly weapons by two people (accompanied by seconds) in order to settle a quarrel over a point of honor.
68. In addition.
1. Jordan's port.
2. A native-born Israeli.
3. Clear to the mind.
4. (of persons) Highest in rank or authority or office.
5. A doctor's degree in religion.
6. Being one more than one.
7. The airforce of Great Britain.
8. An associate degree in nursing.
9. A genus of Malayan tree.
10. Of or relating to or characteristic of Thailand of its people.
11. Expel, as of gases and odors.
12. The closing section of a musical composition.
17. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
19. Be expected to.
21. English writer and a central member of the Fabian Society (1858-1943).
22. A ductile gray metallic element of the lanthanide series.
26. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
27. An amino acid that is found in the central nervous system.
29. South American armadillo with three bands of bony plates.
30. The arch of bone beneath the eye that forms the prominence of the cheek.
31. Harsh or corrosive in tone.
33. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
34. A small cake leavened with yeast.
36. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
39. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
41. An enclosed space.
44. The capital and largest city of Bangladesh.
45. Given or having a specified name.
47. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
48. A coffee cake flavored with orange rind and raisins and almonds.
49. The branch of computer science that deal with writing computer programs that can solve problems creatively.
51. The (prehensile) extremity of the superior limb.
52. (Old Testament) The eldest son of Isaac who would have inherited the Covenant that God made with Abraham and that Abraham passed on to Isaac.
54. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
55. (Greek mythology) Goddess of discord.
56. (trademark) A type of inflatable air mattress.
58. The rate at which heat is produced by an individual in a resting state.
60. Step on it.
61. An extension at the end and at right angles to the main building.