1. A hospital unit staffed and equipped to provide intensive care.
4. Respiratory disorder characterized by wheezing.
10. Someone who is morally reprehensible.
13. A guided missile fired from shipboard against an airborne target.
14. A wind from the north.
15. A federal agency established to regulate the release of new foods and health-related products.
16. United States chemist who developed a method of radiocarbon dating (1908-1980).
18. The capacitance of a capacitor that has an equal and opposite charge of 1 coulomb on each plate and a voltage difference of 1 volt between the plates.
20. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
21. A particular geographical region of indefinite boundary (usually serving some special purpose or distinguished by its people or culture or geography).
23. Elongate very slender water scorpions.
24. A tyrannical power to be propitiated by human subservience or sacrifice.
26. The act of scanning.
27. A long thin fluffy scarf of feathers or fur.
28. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
29. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
33. Tall feather palm of northern Brazil with hard-shelled nuts yielding valuable oil and a kind of vegetable ivory.
38. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
39. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
41. The production of young from an egg.
43. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
44. The sign language used in the United States.
45. Jordan's port.
48. A Dravidian language closely related to Tamil that is spoken in a hilly section of southwestern India.
50. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
51. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
53. A condensed but memorable saying embodying some important fact of experience that is taken as true by many people.
57. An independent ruler or chieftain (especially in Africa or Arabia).
59. Relating to or characteristic of or occurring on land.
63. A mythical Greek hero.
64. In a competent capable manner.
65. The lean flesh of a fish that is often farmed.
66. Kamarupan languages spoken in northeastern India and western Burma.
67. A body of (usually fresh) water surrounded by land.
68. United States writer (born in Poland) who wrote in Yiddish (1880-1957).
69. The biblical name for ancient Syria.
1. Muslims collectively and their civilization.
2. The capital of Egypt and the largest city in Africa.
3. Flat-topped or rounded inflorescence characteristic of the family Umbelliferae in which the individual flower stalks arise from about the same point.
4. Make amends for.
5. Conforming to truth.
6. Hormone released by the hypothalamus that controls the release of thyroid-stimulating hormone from the anterior pituitary.
7. A vehicle for carrying a coffin to a church or a cemetery.
8. A percussion instrument consisting of a pair of hollow pieces of wood or bone (usually held between the thumb and fingers) that are made to click together (as by Spanish dancers) in rhythm with the dance.
9. (Hindu) A manner of sitting (as in the practice of Yoga).
10. A radioactive transuranic element.
11. The sixth month of the civil year.
12. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
17. African tree having an exceedingly thick trunk and fruit that resembles a gourd and has an edible pulp called monkey bread.
19. Fairly small terrestrial ferns of tropical America.
22. The sacred city of Lamaism.
25. Ratio of the adjacent side to the hypotenuse.
30. Evergreen tree of eastern Asia and Philippines having large leathery leaves and small green-white flowers in compact cymes.
31. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
32. Tropical woody herb with showy yellow flowers and flat pods.
34. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
35. A small cake leavened with yeast.
36. Large sweet juicy hybrid between tangerine and grapefruit having a thick wrinkled skin.
37. A Hindu disciple of a swami.
40. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
42. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
46. A Bantu language spoken by the Kamba people in Kenya.
47. The absolute unit of pressure equal to one dyne per square centimeter.
49. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
52. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
54. Slightly open.
55. Mentally or physically infirm with age.
56. A set of questions or exercises evaluating skill or knowledge.
58. A kind of person.
60. An associate degree in applied science.
61. Government agency created in 1974 to license and regulate nuclear power plants.
62. A doctor's degree in preventive medicine.