1. God of the earth.
4. United States writer of poems and plays about racial conflict (born in 1934).
10. An American doctorate usually based on at least 3 years graduate study and a dissertation.
13. A lipoprotein that transports cholesterol in the blood.
14. A tricyclic antidepressant (trade names Adapin and Sinequan) with numerous side effects (dry mouth and sedation and gastrointestinal disturbances).
15. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
16. An agency of the United Nations affiliated with the World Bank.
17. Accuse formally of a crime.
18. (astronomy) A measure of time defined by Earth's orbital motion.
19. A small cake leavened with yeast.
21. An Indian nursemaid who looks after children.
23. Someone who pays rent to use land or a building or a car that is owned by someone else.
25. Title for the former hereditary monarch of Iran.
28. A trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
29. Small genus of Eurasian herbs.
32. The capital and largest city of Yemen.
34. Remote and separate physically or socially.
35. A state in northwestern North America.
36. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
37. A gray tetravalent metallic element that resembles zirconium chemically and is found in zirconium minerals.
41. A large body of water constituting a principal part of the hydrosphere.
43. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
47. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
48. Advanced in years.
49. An acute inflammatory disease occurring in the intestines of premature infants.
53. English theoretical physicist who applied relativity theory to quantum mechanics and predicted the existence of antimatter and the positron (1902-1984).
55. Hang loosely or laxly.
57. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
58. Black tropical American cuckoo.
59. A high-crowned black cap (usually made of felt or sheepskin) worn by men in Turkey and Iran and the Caucasus.
61. (informal) Roused to anger.
62. One of the most common of the five major classes of immunoglobulins.
63. A waste pipe that carries away sewage or surface water.
64. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
1. Marked by lack of intellectual depth.
2. Tropical starchy tuberous root.
3. Divulge information or secrets.
4. The Tibeto-Burman language spoken in the Dali region of Yunnan.
5. (biology) Of unlike parts or organs.
6. Very small species of shrubs of southern hemisphere.
7. Relating to or having the characteristics of bees.
8. A Bantu language spoken by the Chaga people in northern Tanzania.
9. (prefix) Opposite or opposing or neutralizing.
10. (Middle East) Usually small round bread that can open into a pocket for filling.
11. A pilgrimage to Mecca.
12. A collection of facts from which conclusions may be drawn.
20. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
22. The elapsed time it takes for a signal to travel from Earth to a spacecraft (or other body) and back to the starting point.
24. Australian clover fern.
26. An accidental happening.
27. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
30. (Greek mythology) Goddess of the earth and mother of Cronus and the Titans in ancient mythology.
31. A Kwa language spoken in Ghana and the Ivory Coast.
33. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
38. Preaching the gospel of Christ in the manner of the early church.
39. The closing section of a musical composition.
40. A member of a North American Indian people living around the mouth of the Colorado river.
42. A rotating disk shaped to convert circular into linear motion.
44. Growing old.
45. Soviet chief of secret police under Joseph Stalin.
46. A large stringed instrument.
50. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
51. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
52. An informal term for a father.
54. Being one hundred more than two hundred.
55. A brittle silver-white metalloid element that is related to selenium and sulfur.
56. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
60. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
61. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.