1. A man who serves as a sailor.
4. Flightless birds having flat breastbones lacking a keel for attachment of flight muscles.
10. Inquire about.
13. The month following March and preceding May.
14. Type genus of the Agonidae.
15. The longer of the two telegraphic signals used in Morse code.
16. The cry made by sheep.
17. United States tennis player (born in Czechoslovakia) who won several singles championships.
18. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
19. Primitive chlorophyll-containing mainly aquatic eukaryotic organisms lacking true stems and roots and leaves.
21. Antelope with white markings like a harness and twisted horns.
23. A barrier constructed to contain the flow or water or to keep out the sea.
26. (astronomy) The angular distance of a celestial point measured westward along the celestial equator from the zenith crossing.
27. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
30. Mentally or physically infirm with age.
31. annoy continually or chronically.
34. (criminal law) Money that must be forfeited by the bondsman if an accused person fails to appear in court for trial.
38. The syllable naming the sixth (submediant) note of a major or minor scale in solmization.
39. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
42. A detailed description of design criteria for a piece of work.
44. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
45. Harsh or corrosive in tone.
46. A Chadic language spoken in the Mandara mountains in Cameroon.
48. Take off a hook.
52. An agency of the United Nations affiliated with the World Bank.
55. A basketball shot made with one hand from a position under or beside the basket (and usually banked off the backboard).
60. Capital of Armenia.
62. The 7th letter of the Greek alphabet.
63. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
64. West Indian tree having racemes of fragrant white flowers and yielding a durable timber and resinous juice.
65. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
1. An amino acid that is found in the central nervous system.
2. A translucent mineral consisting of hydrated silica of variable color.
3. (informal) Exceptionally good.
4. A rapid series of short loud sounds (as might be heard with a stethoscope in some types of respiratory disorders).
5. How long something has existed.
6. A monarchy on a Polynesian archipelago in the South Pacific.
7. Give free rein to.
8. Eurasian perennial bulbous herbs.
9. A radioactive transuranic element produced by bombarding plutonium with neutrons.
10. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
11. A region of Malaysia in northeastern Borneo.
12. Botswanan statesman who was the first president of Botswana (1921-1980).
20. A French abbot.
22. A flexible container with a single opening.
24. Being ten more than one hundred ninety.
25. An esoteric or occult matter that is traditionally secret.
28. A collection of objects laid on top of each other.
29. United States tennis player who was the first Black to win United States and English singles championships (1943-1993).
32. A hard gray lustrous metallic element that is highly corrosion-resistant.
33. A small cake leavened with yeast.
35. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
36. Being one more than two.
37. A digital display that uses liquid crystal cells that change reflectivity in an applied electric field.
40. An awkward stupid person.
41. A tricycle (usually propelled by pedalling).
42. A radioactive transuranic element produced by bombarding plutonium with neutrons.
43. The imperial dynasty of China from 1122 to 221 BC.
47. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
49. Horny plate covering and protecting part of the dorsal surface of the digits.
50. Type genus of the Hylidae.
51. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
53. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
54. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
56. A unit of length equal to one thousandth of an inch.
57. Any of various coarse shrubby plants of the genus Iva with small greenish flowers.
58. A former agency (from 1946 to 1974) that was responsible for research into atomic energy and its peacetime uses in the United States.
61. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.