1. A hormone produced by the anterior pituitary gland.
4. Filled with the emotional impact of overwhelming surprise or shock.
10. A guided missile fired from shipboard against an airborne target.
13. The sound made by a pigeon v 1.
14. An esoteric or occult matter that is traditionally secret.
15. A doctor's degree in theology.
16. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
18. 4-wheeled motor vehicle.
20. United States writer of poems and plays about racial conflict (born in 1934).
23. Material used to daub walls.
25. A genus of Procyonidae.
32. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
33. Being ten more than one hundred ninety.
34. A strong solution of sodium or potassium hydroxide.
35. A high-crowned black cap (usually made of felt or sheepskin) worn by men in Turkey and Iran and the Caucasus.
38. An early French settler in the Maritimes.
41. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
42. North American rat snakes.
43. A postulated biochemical change (presumably in neural tissue) that represents a memory.
46. Small European freshwater fish with a slender bluish-green body.
49. The former capital and 2nd largest city of Brazil.
50. Type genus of the family Arcidae.
54. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
58. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
59. A republic in central Europe.
60. A port city in southwestern Iran.
61. An agency of the United Nations affiliated with the World Bank.
62. A branch of the Tai languages.
63. A member of an agricultural people of southern India.
64. A young woman making her debut into society.
65. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
1. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
2. A member of a pastoral people living in the Nilgiri hills of southern India.
3. Showing characteristics of age, especially having gray or white hair.
4. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
5. A Portuguese province on the south coast of China and two islands in the South China Sea.
6. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
7. (Middle East) An ornamental metal cup-shaped holder for a hot coffee cup.
8. Angular distance above the horizon (especially of a celestial object).
9. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
10. (linguistics) The form of a word after all affixes are removed.
11. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
12. Designer drug designed to have the effects of amphetamines (it floods the brain with serotonin) but to avoid the drug laws.
17. Panel forming the lower part of an interior wall when it is finished differently from the rest.
19. A very young child (birth to 1 year) who has not yet begun to walk or talk.
21. Boiled or baked buckwheat.
22. The capital and largest city of Uganda on the north shore of Lake Victoria.
24. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
26. Using speech rather than writing.
27. A fine grained mineral having a soft soapy feel and consisting of hydrated magnesium silicate.
28. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
29. A sudden minor shock or meaningless interruption.
30. An Indian nursemaid who looks after children.
31. A self-replicating protein molecule that occupies a fixed place on a chromosome.
36. Especially one side of a leaf.
37. Type genus of the Coerebidae.
38. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
39. An emotional response that has been acquired by conditioning.
40. Fallow deer.
44. A rechargeable battery with a nickel cathode and a cadmium anode.
45. Mild cream-colored Dutch cheese shaped in balls.
47. A city in northern India.
48. Showing self-interest and shrewdness in dealing with others.
51. A sudden short attack.
52. (of a young animal) Abandoned by its mother and raised by hand.
53. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
55. Extremely pleasing.
56. The act of slowing down or falling behind.
57. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.