1. Worthless people.
5. Relating to the deepest parts of the ocean (below 6000 meters).
10. Large northern deer with enormous flattened antlers in the male.
13. An island northwest of Wales.
14. First in order of importance.
15. Being one more than two.
16. New Guinea echidnas.
18. Away from the mouth or oral region.
20. Wild sheep of northern Africa.
22. One of a set of small pieces of stiff paper marked in various ways and used for playing games or for telling fortunes.
23. Not widely known.
24. The cry made by sheep.
26. Date used in reckoning dates before the supposed year Christ was born.
27. A state in east central United States.
28. A Loloish language.
30. A book of the New Testament.
33. A public promotion of some product or service.
36. Rate of revolution of a motor.
38. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
39. A Russian prison camp for political prisoners.
41. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
44. The branch of engineering science that studies the uses of electricity and the equipment for power generation and distribution and the control of machines and communication.
45. A gonadotropic hormone that is secreted by the anterior pituitary.
46. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
47. Strong and sharp.
50. An independent agency of the United States government responsible for collecting and coordinating intelligence and counterintelligence activities abroad in the national interest.
51. A signal transmitted along a narrow path.
54. The Fate who determines the length of the thread of life.
57. A pungent gas compounded of nitrogen and hydrogen (NH3).
60. The seventh month of the Moslem calendar.
61. Being two more than fifty.
62. American professional baseball player who hit more home runs than Babe Ruth (born in 1934).
65. The face of a timepiece.
66. A period marked by distinctive character or reckoned from a fixed point or event.
67. English monk and scholar (672-735).
68. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
1. Slanderous defamation.
2. Made from baking chocolate or cocoa powder and milk and sugar.
3. Wholly unharmed.
4. Serving to set in motion.
5. A bag used for carrying money and small personal items or accessories (especially by women).
6. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
7. A person forced to flee from home or country.
8. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
9. A workplace for the conduct of scientific research.
10. A genus of Mustelidae.
11. A person who has lied or who lies repeatedly.
12. Scottish sea captain who was hired to protect British shipping in the Indian Ocean and then was accused of piracy and hanged (1645-1701).
17. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
19. English scholastic philosopher and assumed author of Occam's Razor (1285-1349).
21. The longer of the two telegraphic signals used in Morse code.
25. Jordan's port.
29. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
31. A sock with a separation for the big toe.
32. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
34. Owed and payable immediately or on demand.
35. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
37. An alluvial deposit that contains particles of some valuable mineral.
40. The mission in San Antonio where in 1836 Mexican forces under Santa Anna besieged and massacred American rebels who were fighting to make Texas independent of Mexico.
42. A defensive missile designed to shoot down incoming intercontinental ballistic missiles.
43. Small genus of South American evergreen vines.
44. A person who has lied or who lies repeatedly.
48. Stout-bodied insect with large membranous wings.
49. Any of various cycads of the genus Zamia.
52. An independent ruler or chieftain (especially in Africa or Arabia).
53. An agenda of things to do.
55. A flat-bottomed volcanic crater that was formed by an explosion.
56. (usually followed by `to') Having the necessary means or skill or know-how or authority to do something.
58. Tag the base runner to get him out.
59. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
63. A doctor's degree in optometry.
64. A silvery soft waxy metallic element of the alkali metal group.