1. East Indian tree bearing a profusion of intense vermilion velvet-textured blooms and yielding a yellow dye.
4. Tropical American shrub or small tree having huge deeply palmately cleft leaves and large oblong yellow fruit.
10. Not divisible by two.
13. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
14. Constituting or having to do with or suggestive of a literary epic.
15. An independent agency of the United States government responsible for collecting and coordinating intelligence and counterintelligence activities abroad in the national interest.
16. Having a single vocal part.
18. A landlocked desert republic in north-central Africa.
20. Fungus used in the preparation of punk for fuses.
21. Basic principles of the cosmos.
22. The face or front of a building.
25. A sweetened beverage of diluted fruit juice.
26. Being one more than one hundred.
28. Indigo bush.
29. The branch of engineering science that studies the uses of electricity and the equipment for power generation and distribution and the control of machines and communication.
32. A public promotion of some product or service.
33. A mountain range in South America running 5000 miles along the Pacific coast.
35. Prolific Spanish playwright (1562-1635).
40. A fine grained mineral having a soft soapy feel and consisting of hydrated magnesium silicate.
41. A British peer ranking below a Marquess and above a Viscount.
42. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
44. A gonadotropic hormone that is secreted by the anterior pituitary.
45. Harsh or corrosive in tone.
47. Showing deterioration from age.
50. The dialect of Malay used as the national language of the Republic of Indonesia or of Malaysia.
52. Capital of Armenia.
55. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
56. Essential oil or perfume obtained from flowers.
59. Being or occurring at an advanced period of time or after a usual or expected time.
60. A defensive missile designed to shoot down incoming intercontinental ballistic missiles.
61. (Hindu) A manner of sitting (as in the practice of Yoga).
62. The sixth month of the civil year.
63. Towards the side away from the wind.
64. (astronomy) An indistinct surface feature of Mars once thought to be a system of channels.
65. Large edible mackerel of temperate United States coastal Atlantic waters.
1. Fallow deer.
2. Highly excited.
3. Valuable fiber plant of East Indies now widespread in cultivation.
4. A tricycle (usually propelled by pedalling).
5. Situated at an apex.
6. A form of entertainment that enacts a story by a sequence of images giving the illusion of continuous movement.
7. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
8. A state in midwestern United States.
9. Any of various plants of the genus Althaea.
10. Of a moderate orange-yellow color.
11. The length of a straight line passing through the center of a circle and connecting two points on the circumference.
12. An informal term for a father.
17. Toward the mouth or oral region.
19. Marked by a rhythmical cadence.
23. A Mid-Atlantic state.
24. Imperial moths.
27. The content of cognition.
30. A hollow device made of metal that makes a ringing sound when struck.
31. United States writer (born in Poland) who wrote in Yiddish (1880-1957).
34. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
36. English writer (born in Scotland) of children's stories (1859-1932).
37. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
38. A member of the Sioux people formerly inhabiting an area along the Missouri river in western North Dakota.
39. Having columns at one or both ends but not along the sides.
43. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
46. (Old Testament) The second patriarch.
48. Of a pale purple color.
49. Avoid or try to avoid, as of duties, questions and issues.
50. Before noon.
51. A French abbot.
53. Essential oil or perfume obtained from flowers.
54. Roman Emperor notorious for his monstrous vice and fantastic luxury (was said to have started a fire that destroyed much of Rome in 64) but the Empire remained prosperous during his rule (37-68).
57. Imperial dynasty that ruled China (most of the time) from 206 BC to 221 and expanded its boundaries and developed its bureaucracy.
58. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.