1. A mark left by the healing of injured tissue.
5. Showing signs of wear and tear.
10. Someone (especially a woman) who annoys people by constantly finding fault.
13. Carbon fuel produced by distillation of coal.
14. Be in accord.
15. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
16. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
17. A port in western Israel on the Mediterranean.
18. Used in combination to denote the middle.
19. Prokaryotic bacteria and blue-green algae and various primitive pathogens.
21. Provided with a frame.
23. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
26. A group of southern Bantu languages.
27. Mentally or physically infirm with age.
30. A flexible container with a single opening.
32. A member of the Siouan people formerly living in the Missouri river valley in NE Nebraska.
34. Of or relating to alleles.
39. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
40. An accountant certified by the state.
42. Animal food for browsing or grazing.
43. One of the two main branches of orthodox Islam.
45. English writer and a central member of the Fabian Society (1858-1943).
46. 10 hao equal 1 dong.
47. The 2nd letter of the Greek alphabet.
50. An associate degree in applied science.
52. European annual grown for forage.
55. A river in southeastern Australia that flows generally northwest to join the Darling River.
59. A university in Connecticut.
60. Essential oil or perfume obtained from flowers.
63. Plant with an elongated head of broad stalked leaves resembling celery.
64. Wild sheep of northern Africa.
65. Having nine hinged bands of bony plates.
66. On or toward the lee.
67. A Swiss patriot who lived in the early 14th century and who was renowned for his skill as an archer.
68. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
69. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
70. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
1. A fraudulent business scheme.
2. Fatty pinkish flesh of small salmon caught in the Pacific and Great Lakes.
3. A Kwa language spoken in Ghana and the Ivory Coast.
4. (Old Testament) Wife of Isaac and mother of Jacob and Esau.
5. The seventh month of the Moslem calendar.
6. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
7. Hormone released by the hypothalamus that controls the release of thyroid-stimulating hormone from the anterior pituitary.
8. An African grass economically important as a cereal grass (yielding white flower of good quality) as well as for forage and hay.
9. Desire strongly or persistently.
10. (Sumerian) Goddess personifying the primeval sea.
11. Not contained in or deriving from the essential nature of something.
12. A cushion on a throne for a prince in India.
20. A rare heavy polyvalent metallic element that resembles manganese chemically and is used in some alloys.
22. Metal or plastic sheath over the end of a shoelace or ribbon.
24. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
25. The cry made by sheep.
28. A woman hired to suckle a child of someone else.
29. A rare silvery (usually trivalent) metallic element.
31. Fleshy spore-bearing inner mass of e.g. a puffball or stinkhorn.
33. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
35. Hungarian choreographer who developed Labanotation (1879-1958).
36. The syllable naming the sixth (submediant) note of a major or minor scale in solmization.
37. One of the most common of the five major classes of immunoglobulins.
38. The corporate executive responsible for the operations of the firm.
41. Expected hopefully.
42. Hormone released by the hypothalamus that controls the release of thyroid-stimulating hormone from the anterior pituitary.
44. A descent down a nearly vertical surface by using a doubled rope that is coiled around the body and attached to some higher point.
48. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
49. Small genus of Eurasian aquatic perennial herbs.
51. The capital and largest city of Yemen.
53. Swift timid long-eared mammal larger than a rabbit having a divided upper lip and long hind legs.
54. The twelfth month of the civil year.
56. A public area set aside as a pedestrian walk.
57. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
58. The United Nations agency concerned with atomic energy.
61. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
62. A unit of absorbed ionizing radiation equal to 100 ergs per gram of irradiated material.