1. Slow to learn or understand.
5. A plain plinth that supports a wall.
10. A watery solution of sugars, salts, and minerals that circulates through the vascular system of a plant.
13. Small buffalo of the Celebes having small straight horns.
14. Jordan's port.
15. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
16. A bluish-white lustrous metallic element.
17. Tag the base runner to get him out.
19. A bet that you can pick the first and second finishers in the right order.
23. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
25. Relating to or characteristic of or occurring on the sea or ships.
26. Kidney disease characterized by enlarged kidneys containing many cysts.
29. A two-wheeled horse-drawn covered carriage with the driver's seat above and behind the passengers.
33. Being three more than fifty.
37. Italian painter and son of Fra Filippo Lippi (1457-1504).
38. Rounded like an egg.
39. The corporate executive responsible for the operations of the firm.
40. An international organization of European countries formed after World War II to reduce trade barriers and increase cooperation among its members.
41. Eurasian perennial bulbous herbs.
45. Someone who engages in arbitrage (who purchases securities in one market for immediate resale in another in the hope of profiting from the price differential).
46. In bed.
48. The state prevailing during the absence of war.
51. A port city in southwestern Iran.
55. American prizefighter who won the world heavyweight championship three times (born in 1942).
56. A steep descent of the water of a river.
60. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
61. Having undesirable or negative qualities.
62. Any of various deciduous or evergreen ornamental shrubs of the genus Abelia having opposite simple leaves and cymes of small white or pink or purplish flowers.
64. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
65. Used of a single unit or thing.
66. African tree having an exceedingly thick trunk and fruit that resembles a gourd and has an edible pulp called monkey bread.
67. Seed of a pea plant.
1. The feeling of distress and disbelief that you have when something bad happens accidentally.
2. A powerful operating system developed at the Bell Telephone Laboratories.
3. An island northwest of Wales.
4. An indehiscent fruit derived from a single ovary having one or many seeds within a fleshy wall or pericarp.
5. The capital and largest city of Yemen.
6. A Turkish unit of weight equal to about 2.75 pounds.
7. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
8. 16 ounces.
9. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
10. British writer of short stories (1870-1916).
11. Any culture medium that uses agar as the gelling agent.
12. The British system of withholding tax.
18. Of or relating to Oman or its people.
20. A bachelor's degree in theology.
21. The residue that remains when something is burned.
22. Made of fir or pine.
24. (Scottish) Bluish-black or gray-blue.
27. A lake in the mountains of central Africa between Congo and Rwanda.
28. The face of a timepiece.
30. A detailed description of design criteria for a piece of work.
31. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
32. Any of various minerals consisting of hydrous silicates of aluminum or potassium etc. that crystallize in forms that allow perfect cleavage into very thin leaves.
34. (anatomy) Of or relating to the ilium.
35. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
36. A South American shrub whose leaves are chewed by natives of the Andes.
42. Manufactured in standard sizes to be shipped and assembled elsewhere.
43. A young woman making her debut into society.
44. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
47. An oil port in southern Iraq.
49. A feeling of strong eagerness (usually in favor of a person or cause).
50. An officer who acts as military assistant to a more senior officer.
51. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
52. Slightly wet.
53. A French abbot.
54. A quantity of no importance.
57. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
58. A zodiacal constellation in northern hemisphere between Cancer and Virgo.
59. A three-year law degree.
63. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.