1. An ugly evil-looking old woman.
4. The world's largest desert (3,500,000 square miles) in North Africa.
10. An adult male person (as opposed to a woman).
13. An extension at the end and at right angles to the main building.
14. Being one more than ten.
15. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
16. (informal) Of the highest quality.
17. An Asian temple.
18. A unit of absorbed ionizing radiation equal to 100 ergs per gram of irradiated material.
19. A member of the majority people of Punjab in northwestern India.
22. Fear resulting from the awareness of danger.
25. Open-heart surgery in which the rib cage is opened and a section of a blood vessel is grafted from the aorta to the coronary artery to bypass the blocked section of the coronary artery and improve the blood supply to the heart.
28. (informal) Roused to anger.
29. The mission in San Antonio where in 1836 Mexican forces under Santa Anna besieged and massacred American rebels who were fighting to make Texas independent of Mexico.
32. A river that rises in northern Colombia and flows generally eastward to the Orinoco in central Venezuela.
34. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
35. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
36. A region of Malaysia in northeastern Borneo.
40. The compass point midway between east and southeast.
41. Absolve or pardon.
45. A fraudulent business scheme.
46. Conqueror of Gaul and master of Italy (100-44 BC).
50. Small terrestrial lizard of warm regions of the Old World.
53. A system of one or more computers and associated software with common storage.
54. Two items of the same kind.
57. A theocratic republic in the Middle East in western Asia.
58. A member of the Siouan people formerly living in the Missouri river valley in NE Nebraska.
59. (Old Testament) The eldest son of Isaac who would have inherited the Covenant that God made with Abraham and that Abraham passed on to Isaac.
60. Clean or orderly.
61. A small carriage in which a baby or child is pushed around.
62. With no effort to conceal.
63. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
1. A collection of objects laid on top of each other.
2. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
3. (Scottish) A narrow secluded valley (in the mountains).
4. One of the green parts that form the calyx of a flower.
5. A state in the southeastern United States on the Gulf of Mexico.
6. A journey by a large group to escape from a hostile environment.
7. 100 avos equal 1 pataca.
8. Make anew.
9. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
10. A percussion instrument consisting of a pair of hollow pieces of wood or bone (usually held between the thumb and fingers) that are made to click together (as by Spanish dancers) in rhythm with the dance.
11. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
12. A quantity of no importance.
20. Tree of the West Indies and northern South America bearing succulent edible orange-sized fruit.
21. Offering fun and gaiety.
23. Designer drug designed to have the effects of amphetamines (it floods the brain with serotonin) but to avoid the drug laws.
24. Small bitter fruit of the marasca cherry tree from whose juice maraschino liqueur is made.
26. A river that rises in northeastern Turkey (near the source of the Euphrates) and flows generally eastward through Armenia to the Caspian Sea.
27. A very young child (birth to 1 year) who has not yet begun to walk or talk.
30. Any of a group of antidepressant drugs that inhibit the action of monoamine oxidase in the brain and so allow monoamines to accumulate.
31. Using speech rather than writing.
33. A Hindu disciple of a swami.
37. A doctor's degree in dental surgery.
38. Any of several small ungulate mammals of Africa and Asia with rodent-like incisors and feet with hooflike toes.
39. Large genus of tropical American vines having showy often spotted umbellate flowers.
40. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
42. Small low-growing annual or perennial herbs of temperate and cool regions.
43. State in northeastern India.
44. A unit of dry measure used in Egypt.
47. The sixth month of the civil year.
48. An ancient Hebrew unit of dry measure equal to about a bushel.
49. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
51. A flat-bottomed volcanic crater that was formed by an explosion.
52. (prefix) In front of or before in space.
55. North American republic containing 50 states - 48 conterminous states in North America plus Alaska in northwest North America and the Hawaiian Islands in the Pacific Ocean.
56. Failing to detonate.