1. Having or denoting a low vocal or instrumental range.
5. A clique that seeks power usually through intrigue.
10. A member of the Siouan people inhabiting the valleys of the Platte and Missouri rivers in Nebraska.
13. United States tennis player who was the first Black to win United States and English singles championships (1943-1993).
14. Garlic mayonnaise.
15. A close friend who accompanies his buddies in their activities.
16. Being or occurring in fact or actuality.
17. (informal) Exceptionally good.
19. Having the head uncovered.
21. Any of various spiny trees or shrubs of the genus Acacia.
23. An agency of the United Nations responsible for programs to aid education and the health of children and mothers in developing countries.
25. Of a period of maximal use or demand or activity.
26. An official language of the Republic of South Africa.
27. How a result is obtained or an end is achieved.
31. A federal agency established to regulate the release of new foods and health-related products.
34. The district occupied entirely by the city of Washington.
37. (British) A waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric.
38. A Tibetan or Mongolian priest of Lamaism.
40. 16 ounces.
42. A genus of Ploceidae.
45. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
46. (Babylonian) A demigod or first man.
49. Large dark brown North American arboreal carnivorous mammal.
52. A deliberately misleading fabrication.
53. Consider or describe as similar, equal, or analogous.
57. Morally bad or wrong.
60. (often followed by `of') A large number or amount or extent.
61. The shape of a raised edge of a more or less circular object.
64. A Turkish unit of weight equal to about 2.75 pounds.
65. A fatal disease of cattle that affects the central nervous system.
66. West Indian tree having racemes of fragrant white flowers and yielding a durable timber and resinous juice.
67. A rapid escape (as by criminals).
1. Found along western Atlantic coast.
2. An association of nations dedicated to economic and political cooperation in southeastern Asia.
3. An African river that flows northwest into Lake Chad.
4. Of superior grade.
5. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
6. Affected manners intended to impress others.
7. A long thin fluffy scarf of feathers or fur.
8. Primitive chlorophyll-containing mainly aquatic eukaryotic organisms lacking true stems and roots and leaves.
9. Being one more than fifty.
10. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
11. A sock with a separation for the big toe.
12. Evergreen trees and shrubs having oily one-seeded fruits.
18. The lean flesh of a fish similar to cod.
20. No longer having or seeming to have or expecting to have life.
22. A rotating disk shaped to convert circular into linear motion.
24. Having a face or facing especially of a specified kind or number.
28. A woman hired to suckle a child of someone else.
29. A quantity of no importance.
30. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
32. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
33. Before noon.
35. (Scottish) Bluish-black or gray-blue.
36. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
39. Strike with disgust or revulsion.
41. (Irish) Mother of the Tuatha De Danann.
43. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
44. A person forced to flee from home or country.
47. English navigator who explored the Arctic while searching for the Northwest Passage (1550-1605).
48. A hard copal derived from an African tree.
50. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
51. Jordan's port.
54. Absent without permission.
55. The basic unit of money in Bangladesh.
56. Mild yellow Dutch cheese made in balls.
58. A metric unit of volume or capacity equal to 10 liters.
59. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
62. A white trivalent metallic element.
63. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.