1. (informal) Of the highest quality.
4. Any of various spiny trees or shrubs of the genus Acacia.
10. The basic unit of electric current adopted under the System International d'Unites.
13. United States liquid unit equal to 4 quarts or 3.785 liters.
14. A landlocked republic in southern central Africa.
15. Mature female of mammals of which the male is called `buck'.
16. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
17. Formally making a person known to another or to the public.
19. (Judaism) A candelabrum with seven branches used in ceremonies to symbolize the seven days of creation.
22. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
23. A rosid dicot genus that includes moon carrots.
27. An official language of the Republic of South Africa.
28. A fine grained mineral having a soft soapy feel and consisting of hydrated magnesium silicate.
32. Ground snakes.
36. A legal document codifying the result of deliberations of a committee or society or legislative body.
39. Someone who engages in arbitrage (who purchases securities in one market for immediate resale in another in the hope of profiting from the price differential).
41. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
42. An ugly evil-looking old woman.
43. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
47. An associate degree in applied science.
49. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
50. Type genus of the family Myacidae.
52. A river in southeastern Australia that flows generally northwest to join the Darling River.
56. (prefix) Opposite or opposing or neutralizing.
59. Plant with an elongated head of broad stalked leaves resembling celery.
60. The seat within a bishop's diocese where his cathedral is located adv.
61. Any of several large shaggy-maned humped bovids having large heads and short horns.
62. On or toward the lee.
63. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
64. Type genus of Ochnaceae.
65. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
1. Small terrestrial lizard of warm regions of the Old World.
2. A heavy wooden pole (such as the trunk of a young fir) tossed as a test of strength (in the Highlands of Scotland).
3. A feeling of strong eagerness (usually in favor of a person or cause).
4. An independent ruler or chieftain (especially in Africa or Arabia).
5. A form of rummy using two decks and four jokers.
6. Any of various plants of the genus Althaea.
7. 4-wheeled motor vehicle.
8. A bloody and prolonged operation in which American marines landed and defeated Japanese defenders (February and March 1945).
9. The branch of computer science that deal with writing computer programs that can solve problems creatively.
10. The sixth month of the civil year.
11. A magic power or magic spell.
12. A hymn of praise (especially one sung in ancient Greece to invoke or thank a deity).
18. An Indian side dish of yogurt and chopped cucumbers and spices.
20. Toward the mouth or oral region.
21. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
24. A region of Malaysia in northeastern Borneo.
25. Angular distance above the horizon (especially of a celestial object).
26. Sandwich filled with slices of bacon and tomato with lettuce.
29. A woman hired to suckle a child of someone else.
30. The basic unit of money on Malta.
31. Open-heart surgery in which the rib cage is opened and a section of a blood vessel is grafted from the aorta to the coronary artery to bypass the blocked section of the coronary artery and improve the blood supply to the heart.
33. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
34. An international organization of European countries formed after World War II to reduce trade barriers and increase cooperation among its members.
35. Hungarian choreographer who developed Labanotation (1879-1958).
37. Characteristic of a baby.
38. The cry made by sheep.
40. A light touch or stroke.
44. (of complexion) Blemished by imperfections of the skin.
45. (usually followed by `to') Determined by tragic fate.
46. Of or related to the amnion or characterized by developing an amnion.
47. (Greek mythology) The Titaness who was mother of Helios and Selene and Eos in ancient mythology.
48. The capital and largest city of Yemen.
49. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
51. A primeval personification of air and breath.
53. A public area set aside as a pedestrian walk.
54. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
55. The United Nations agency concerned with atomic energy.
57. A dark-skinned member of a race of people living in Australia when Europeans arrived.
58. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.