1. Uttering in an irritated tone.
5. An awkward stupid person.
9. A fine grained mineral having a soft soapy feel and consisting of hydrated magnesium silicate.
13. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
14. Any of various strong liquors distilled from the fermented sap of toddy palms or from fermented molasses.
15. A midwestern state in north central United States in the Great Lakes region.
16. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
17. One of several parallel sloping beams that support a roof.
18. An official language of the Republic of South Africa.
19. A large fleet.
22. A soft silvery metallic element of the rare earth group.
23. A complete metric system of units of measurement for scientists.
27. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
31. A port city in southwestern Iran.
35. Affect with wonder.
37. A tricycle (usually propelled by pedalling).
39. Mild yellow Dutch cheese made in balls.
40. An aromatic ointment used in antiquity.
41. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
45. Green algae common in freshwater lakes of limestone districts.
48. Fish-eating bird of warm inland waters having a long flexible neck and slender sharp-pointed bill.
52. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
53. United States gangster who terrorized Chicago during Prohibition until arrested for tax evasion (1899-1947).
56. A former agency (from 1946 to 1974) that was responsible for research into atomic energy and its peacetime uses in the United States.
57. An undergarment worn by women to support their breasts.
58. Relating to the blood vessels or blood.
59. The longer of the two telegraphic signals used in Morse code.
60. God of the earth.
61. Attack someone physically or emotionally.
62. Used of a single unit or thing.
1. The capital of Morocco.
2. Fear resulting from the awareness of danger.
3. A fraudulent business scheme.
4. East Indian tree bearing a profusion of intense vermilion velvet-textured blooms and yielding a yellow dye.
5. An amino acid that is found in the central nervous system.
6. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
7. Scottish insurgent who led the resistance to Edward I.
8. A secret society of white Southerners to resist Black emancipation.
9. Constituting the full quantity or extent.
10. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
11. A person who has lied or who lies repeatedly.
12. Large genus of African trees bearing kola nuts.
20. English theoretical physicist who applied relativity theory to quantum mechanics and predicted the existence of antimatter and the positron (1902-1984).
21. A region of Malaysia in northeastern Borneo.
24. A bachelor's degree in science.
25. A silvery soft waxy metallic element of the alkali metal group.
26. An informal term for a father.
28. The capital and largest city of Yemen.
29. A male monarch or emperor (especially of Russia prior to 1917).
30. Occupied or in the control of.
32. A piece of furniture that provides a place to sleep.
33. A compound whose molecules are composed of two identical monomers.
34. Kamarupan languages spoken in northeastern India and western Burma.
36. A member of a nomadic people of the northern Ural mountains.
38. A city in Tamil Nadu on the Bay of Bengal.
42. A civil or military authority in Turkey or Egypt.
43. Leafless East Indian vine.
44. Having a shell or or containing shell.
46. Swift timid long-eared mammal larger than a rabbit having a divided upper lip and long hind legs.
47. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
48. A very poisonous metallic element that has three allotropic forms.
49. A quantity of no importance.
50. Wild or seedling sweet cherry used as stock for grafting.
51. A dull persistent (usually moderately intense) pain.
54. An associate degree in applied science.
55. The foot of a human being.
56. (informal) Of the highest quality.