1. A unit of pressure.
4. A port in western Israel on the Mediterranean.
9. An extravagantly enthusiastic review.
13. The 17th letter of the Greek alphabet.
14. A projecting bay window corbeled or cantilevered out from a wall.
15. Norwegian mathematician (1802-1829).
16. Being one more than nine.
17. An enveloping or covering membrane or layer of body tissue.
18. Become gelatinous.
19. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
21. A literary language of Chinese Turkestan (named for one of the sons of Genghis Khan).
23. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
24. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
26. A heavy odorless colorless gas formed during respiration and by the decomposition of organic substances.
27. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
29. Used of a single unit or thing.
34. In the Arabian Nights a hero who tells of the fantastic adventures he had in his voyages.
36. African tree having an exceedingly thick trunk and fruit that resembles a gourd and has an edible pulp called monkey bread.
38. Offering little or no hope.
41. A fine grained mineral having a soft soapy feel and consisting of hydrated magnesium silicate.
42. A joke that seems extremely funny.
45. Food mixtures either arranged on a plate or tossed and served with a moist dressing.
49. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
52. (Scotland) A small loaf or roll of soft bread.
53. A Hindu prince or king in India.
54. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
55. A cleansing agent made from the salts of vegetable or animal fats.
58. Someone (especially a woman) who annoys people by constantly finding fault.
59. A complex red organic pigment containing iron and other atoms to which oxygen binds.
61. A resource.
62. Acute lung injury characterized by coughing and rales.
63. A message expressing an opinion based on incomplete evidence.
64. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
65. A state in southeastern United States.
1. An honorary arts degree.
2. A case or sheath especially a pollen sac or moss capsule.
3. An island northwest of Wales.
4. A brief (and hurriedly handwritten) note.
5. Wild sheep of northern Africa.
6. The cardinal number that is the sum of four and one.
7. South American shrub having edible greenish plumlike fruit.
8. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
9. The seventh month of the Moslem calendar.
10. Assist or encourage, usually in some wrongdoing.
11. A sails-shaped constellation in the southern hemisphere near Carina.
12. (Norse mythology) Goddess of old age who defeated Thor in a wrestling match.
20. Any of numerous low-growing cushion-forming plants of the genus Draba having rosette-forming leaves and terminal racemes of small flowers with scapose or leafy stems.
22. (Greek mythology) Goddess of the earth and mother of Cronus and the Titans in ancient mythology.
25. Any of various strong liquors distilled from the fermented sap of toddy palms or from fermented molasses.
28. Again but in a new or different way.
30. The compass point that is one point east (clockwise) of due north.
31. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
32. United States liquid unit equal to 4 quarts or 3.785 liters.
33. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
35. The United Nations agency concerned with the interests of labor.
37. Essential oil or perfume obtained from flowers.
39. Tall feather palm of northern Brazil with hard-shelled nuts yielding valuable oil and a kind of vegetable ivory.
40. (botany) Having a leafless flower stalk growing directly from the ground.
41. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
43. A workplace for the conduct of scientific research.
44. American Revolutionary patriot.
46. An island of central Hawaii.
47. A genus of Platalea.
48. (Irish) Chief god of the Tuatha De Danann.
50. Dearly loved.
51. In bed.
56. An associate degree in applied science.
57. A syndrome that occurs in many women from 2 to 14 days before the onset of menstruation.
60. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.