1. A large round wicker basket (used on farms).
5. Primitive chlorophyll-containing mainly aquatic eukaryotic organisms lacking true stems and roots and leaves.
10. An associate degree in applied science.
13. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
14. An Indian side dish of yogurt and chopped cucumbers and spices.
15. A member of the Dravidian people living in southeastern India.
16. Evergreen Indian shrub with vivid yellow flowers whose bark is used in tanning.
18. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
20. A percussion instrument consisting of a pair of hollow pieces of wood or bone (usually held between the thumb and fingers) that are made to click together (as by Spanish dancers) in rhythm with the dance.
21. A motley assortment of things.
23. Tropical starchy tuberous root.
26. A sedimentary rock formed by the deposition of successive layers of clay.
27. A notable achievement.
30. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
31. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
32. An edge tool with a heavy bladed head mounted across a handle.
33. An international organization of European countries formed after World War II to reduce trade barriers and increase cooperation among its members.
38. Plant with an elongated head of broad stalked leaves resembling celery.
40. An independent group of closely related Chadic languages spoken in the area between the Biu-Mandara and East Chadic languages.
43. A primeval personification of air and breath.
44. Affect with wonder.
48. Hardy coarse-haired sheep of central Asia.
51. German mathematician (1804-1851).
54. A trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
55. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
56. (Old Testament) In Judeo-Christian mythology.
57. Acquire or gain knowledge or skills.
61. A long depression in the surface of the land that usually contains a river.
62. A constitutional monarchy in northern Europe on the western side of the Scandinavian Peninsula.
63. A logarithmic unit of sound intensity equal to 10 decibels.
64. Chief port of Yemen.
65. Squash bugs.
66. A unit of surface area equal to 100 square meters.
1. (trademark) A tinned luncheon meat made largely from pork.
2. (Polynesian) An alcoholic drink made from the aromatic roots of the kava shrub.
3. A card game for 2 players.
4. (obstetrics) The number of live-born children a woman has delivered.
5. A large fleet.
6. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
7. A castrated tomcat.
8. Essential oil or perfume obtained from flowers.
9. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
10. Jordan's port.
11. Of or pertaining to hearing or the ear.
12. The action of an armed force that surrounds a fortified place and isolates it while continuing to attack.
17. (informal) Of the highest quality.
19. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
22. United States writer (born in Poland) who wrote in Yiddish (1880-1957).
24. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
25. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
28. A set of questions or exercises evaluating skill or knowledge.
29. An administrator in charge of a division of a university or college.
34. A Tibetan or Mongolian priest of Lamaism.
35. A branch of the Tai languages.
36. A public promotion of some product or service.
37. A ductile gray metallic element of the lanthanide series.
39. A fine closely woven cotton fabric.
40. (obstetrics) The number of live-born children a woman has delivered.
41. A town in northern Egypt.
42. A male monarch or emperor (especially of Russia prior to 1917).
45. A genus of tropical Asian and Malaysian palm trees.
46. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
47. The capital and largest city of Lithuania.
49. Mammary gland of bovids (cows and sheep and goats).
50. A spoon-shaped vessel with a long handle.
52. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
53. A sign of something about to happen.
58. The longest division of geological time.
59. A widely distributed system consisting of all the cells able to ingest bacteria or colloidal particles etc, except for certain white blood cells.
60. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.