1. By bad luck.
5. A unit of elastance equal to the reciprocal of a farad.
10. Having been taken in marriage.
13. The outermost (and toughest) of the 3 meninges.
14. An ancient city in northern Portugal.
15. A strong emotion.
16. A promontory in northern Morocco opposite the Rock of Gibraltar.
18. Common black-and-gray Eurasian bird noted for thievery.
20. The capital and largest city of Equatorial Guinea on the island of Bioko in the Gulf of Guinea.
21. A short aria.
22. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
24. Find repugnant.
25. An act punishable by law.
29. Either of two folds of skin that can be moved to cover or open the eye.
32. An ancient Hebrew unit of dry measure equal to about a bushel.
36. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
38. (Irish) Mother of the Tuatha De Danann.
39. Having leadership guidance.
40. Not only so, but.
41. A state in the eastern United States.
44. A state in northwestern North America.
46. Large harmless hawk found worldwide that feeds on fish and builds a bulky nest often occupied for years.
48. A song that was formerly popular.
51. A particular geographical region of indefinite boundary (usually serving some special purpose or distinguished by its people or culture or geography).
54. A language of Australian aborigines.
57. Filled with fear or apprehension.
59. An electrically charged particle.
60. Any of various deciduous or evergreen ornamental shrubs of the genus Abelia having opposite simple leaves and cymes of small white or pink or purplish flowers.
62. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
63. The compass point that is midway between north and northeast.
64. African tree having an exceedingly thick trunk and fruit that resembles a gourd and has an edible pulp called monkey bread.
65. A unit of absorbed ionizing radiation equal to 100 ergs per gram of irradiated material.
1. (Old Testament) In Judeo-Christian mythology.
2. A Bantu language spoken in southern Zaire.
3. Fleshy and usually brightly colored cover of some seeds that develops from the ovule stalk and partially or entirely envelopes the seed.
4. A deep bow.
5. A logarithmic unit of sound intensity.
6. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
7. The seventh month of the Moslem calendar.
8. Any culture medium that uses agar as the gelling agent.
9. A sheet or band of fibrous connective tissue separating or binding together muscles and organs etc.
10. The extent of something from side to side.
11. (Greek mythology) The Muse of lyric and love poetry.
12. Vacuum flask that holds liquid air or helium for scientific experiments.
17. A French abbot.
19. English clergyman who (with John Henry Newman and Edward Pusey) founded the Oxford Movement (1792-1866).
23. The size of a book whose pages are made by folding a sheet of paper three times to form eight leaves.
26. Fully developed or matured and ready to be eaten or used.
27. The content of cognition.
28. An undergarment worn by women to support their breasts.
30. A public promotion of some product or service.
31. Squash bugs.
33. Imagined as in a play.
34. Goddess of the dead and queen of the underworld.
35. An edge tool used to cut and shape wood.
37. A seat for one person, with a support for the back.
42. Manufactured in standard sizes to be shipped and assembled elsewhere.
43. An emotion experienced in anticipation of some specific pain or danger (usually accompanied by a desire to flee or fight).
45. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
47. The capital of Cape Verde on Sao Tiago Island.
48. An independent agency of the United States government responsible for collecting and coordinating intelligence and counterintelligence activities abroad in the national interest.
49. A city in east-central France on the Rhone River.
50. Have supper.
52. Port city that is the capital and largest city of Latvia.
53. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
55. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
56. A zodiacal constellation in northern hemisphere between Cancer and Virgo.
58. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
61. 16 ounces.