1. (usually followed by `to') Naturally disposed toward.
4. Submerged freshwater perennials.
10. The residue that remains when something is burned.
13. (in golf) The standard number of strokes set for each hole on a golf course, or for the entire course.
14. United States abolitionist (1786-1865).
15. The 17th letter of the Greek alphabet.
16. A short introductory essay preceding the text of a book.
19. A town and port in northwestern Israel in the eastern Mediterranean.
20. Liquid containing proteins and electrolytes including the liquid in blood plasma and interstitial fluid.
23. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
24. (astronomy) The angular distance of a celestial point measured westward along the celestial equator from the zenith crossing.
26. A bodily passage or tube conveying a secretion or other substance.
29. The United Nations agency concerned with civil aviation.
33. An emotional response that has been acquired by conditioning.
35. A rare heavy polyvalent metallic element that resembles manganese chemically and is used in some alloys.
37. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
39. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
42. A woman hired to suckle a child of someone else.
43. A state in the western United States.
44. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
46. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
47. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
48. A sweetened beverage of diluted fruit juice.
49. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
52. The branch of computer science that deal with writing computer programs that can solve problems creatively.
57. An implement used to propel or steer a boat.
61. An amino acid that is found in the central nervous system.
62. The law enforcement agency in the Justice Department.
63. Catch fire.
65. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
66. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
67. The father of your father or mother.
68. Towards the side away from the wind.
1. Strike with disgust or revulsion.
2. A kind of heavy jacket (`windcheater' is a British term).
3. (South African) A journey by ox wagon (especially an organized migration by a group of settlers).
4. The 7th letter of the Greek alphabet.
5. A cord that is drawn through eyelets or around hooks in order to draw together two edges (as of a shoe or garment).
6. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
7. A person forced to flee from home or country.
8. The sense organ for hearing and equilibrium.
9. An associate degree in nursing.
10. (of persons) Highest in rank or authority or office.
11. One of the two main branches of orthodox Islam.
12. A blind god.
17. King of Saudi Arabia since 1982 (born in 1922).
18. King of the Huns.
21. A federal agency established to regulate the release of new foods and health-related products.
22. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
25. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
27. Type genus of the family Arcidae.
28. A unit of length of thread or yarn.
30. A state of deep and often prolonged unconsciousness.
31. South American armadillo with three bands of bony plates.
32. A law passed by US Congress to prevent employees from being injured or contracting diseases in the course of their employment.
34. Take in solid food.
36. God of death.
38. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
40. Baked dish of layers of lasagna pasta with sauce and cheese and meat or vegetables.
41. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
45. A doctor's degree in education.
50. Open-heart surgery in which the rib cage is opened and a section of a blood vessel is grafted from the aorta to the coronary artery to bypass the blocked section of the coronary artery and improve the blood supply to the heart.
51. An elaborate song for solo voice.
53. Severe diabetes mellitus with an early onset.
54. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
55. A French abbot.
56. Small European freshwater fish with a slender bluish-green body.
58. 10 grams.
59. Relating to or characteristic of or occurring in the air.
60. Any high mountain.
64. A radioactive transuranic element produced by bombarding plutonium with neutrons.