1. An early form of modern jazz (originating around 1940).
4. The craniometric point at the bridge of the nose where the frontal and nasal bones of the skull meet.
10. A gradual decline (in size or strength or power or number).
13. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
14. Situated away from an area's coast or border.
15. Seed of a pea plant.
16. A family of birds coextensive with the order Rheiformes.
19. The lowest molding of an architectural base or of a baseboard.
20. A Tibetan or Mongolian priest of Lamaism.
21. To make a mistake or be incorrect.
22. A genus of Ploceidae.
25. One of the dwelling units in a condominium.
27. Not only so, but.
31. Someone who is morally reprehensible.
32. A metallic element having four allotropic forms.
34. Lower in esteem.
36. A radioactive transuranic element.
38. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
41. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
43. New Zealand runner who in 1975 became the first person to run a mile in less that 3 minutes and 50 seconds (born in 1952).
44. Essential oil or perfume obtained from flowers.
47. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
49. An official language of the Republic of South Africa.
55. (informal) Informed about the latest trends.
58. An implement used to propel or steer a boat.
59. A unit of surface area equal to 100 square meters.
60. A port city in southwestern Iran.
61. Blood cells that engulf and digest bacteria and fungi.
62. A unit of absorbed ionizing radiation equal to 100 ergs per gram of irradiated material.
63. A member of an agricultural people of southern India.
64. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
1. Gymnastic apparatus consisting of two parallel wooden bars supported on uprights.
2. An island of central Hawaii (between Molokai and Kauai).
3. The stipend assigned by a cathedral to a canon.
4. A port in central Norway on Trondheim Fjord.
5. Type genus of the Anatidae.
6. Ready to fall asleep.
7. A state in midwestern United States.
8. A member of the Iroquoian people formerly living east of Lake Ontario.
9. A yellow trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
10. An ancient Hebrew unit of dry measure equal to about a bushel.
11. A signal transmitted along a narrow path.
12. A small cake leavened with yeast.
17. A United Nations agency created to assist developing nations by loans guaranteed by member governments.
18. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
23. A former agency (from 1946 to 1974) that was responsible for research into atomic energy and its peacetime uses in the United States.
24. An Indian tree of the family Combretaceae that is a source of timber and gum.
26. An awkward stupid person.
28. Related to or located at the back.
29. United States tennis player who was the first Black to win United States and English singles championships (1943-1993).
30. Dearly loved.
33. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
35. (Norse mythology) God of light and peace and noted for his beauty and sweet nature.
37. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
39. The father of your father or mother.
40. A group of African language in the Niger-Congo group spoken from the Ivory Coast east to Nigeria.
42. A nonmetallic largely pentavalent heavy volatile corrosive dark brown liquid element belonging to the halogens.
45. Long-tailed arboreal mustelid of Central and South America.
46. Secured or held in place by tape.
48. English monk and scholar (672-735).
50. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
51. An inactive volcano in Sicily.
52. A member of the Siouan people formerly living in Iowa and Minnesota and Missouri.
53. Open-heart surgery in which the rib cage is opened and a section of a blood vessel is grafted from the aorta to the coronary artery to bypass the blocked section of the coronary artery and improve the blood supply to the heart.
54. Type genus of the family Arcidae.
56. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
57. Someone (especially a woman) who annoys people by constantly finding fault.