1. Any of several small ungulate mammals of Africa and Asia with rodent-like incisors and feet with hooflike toes.
4. Alligator-like reptile of Central and South America having a more heavily armored belly.
10. Light informal conversation for social occasions.
13. Made warm or hot.
14. (Greek mythology) One of the three Graces.
15. American prizefighter who won the world heavyweight championship three times (born in 1942).
16. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
17. In a bold manner.
18. One of the most common of the five major classes of immunoglobulins.
19. Send a signal by waving a flag or a light according to a certain code.
21. That is to say.
23. Of or relating to or involving an area.
24. An Indian nursemaid who looks after children.
26. Open-heart surgery in which the rib cage is opened and a section of a blood vessel is grafted from the aorta to the coronary artery to bypass the blocked section of the coronary artery and improve the blood supply to the heart.
28. Obvious and dull.
32. In addition.
37. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
38. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
40. The sixth month of the civil year.
41. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
43. In bed.
45. Inquire about.
46. Related to or located at the back.
49. Employed in accomplishing something.
51. A small pellet fired from an air rifle or BB gun.
53. Two items of the same kind.
54. A coffee cake flavored with orange rind and raisins and almonds.
58. The act of slowing down or falling behind.
60. A genus of Ploceidae.
64. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
65. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
66. Form or weave into a braid or braids.
68. Considerate and solicitous care.
69. The cry made by sheep.
70. A city in western Germany near the Dutch and Belgian borders.
71. Relating to or characteristic of or occurring on the sea or ships.
1. An Indian tree of the family Combretaceae that is a source of timber and gum.
2. A high wave (often dangerous) caused by tidal flow (as by colliding tidal currents or in a narrow estuary).
3. Any distinct time period in a sequence of events.
4. An esoteric or occult matter that is traditionally secret.
5. Highly excited.
6. Not in good physical or mental health.
7. Genus of sticky herbs with yellow flowers open in morning or evening but closed in bright light.
8. United States choreographer noted for his use of African elements (born in 1931).
9. A negative.
10. (Greek mythology) Goddess of the earth and mother of Cronus and the Titans in ancient mythology.
11. Primitive chlorophyll-containing mainly aquatic eukaryotic organisms lacking true stems and roots and leaves.
12. Slanting diagonally across the grain of a fabric.
20. A city in east central Texas.
22. God of wealth and love.
25. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
27. (computer science) A computer that is running software that allows users to leave messages and access information of general interest.
29. A quantity of no importance.
30. A river that rises in northeastern Turkey (near the source of the Euphrates) and flows generally eastward through Armenia to the Caspian Sea.
31. North American yellow-breasted songbirds.
33. The syllable naming the sixth (submediant) note of a major or minor scale in solmization.
34. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
35. (Babylonian) God of wisdom and agriculture and patron of scribes and schools.
36. In the Roman calendar.
39. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
42. Having undesirable or negative qualities.
44. A young woman making her debut into society.
47. (British) A cup of tea.
48. Sluggish tailless Australian arboreal marsupial with gray furry ears and coat.
50. A light touch or stroke.
52. A small cake leavened with yeast.
53. A brittle gray crystalline element that is a semiconducting metalloid (resembling silicon) used in transistors.
55. Informal or slang terms for mentally irregular.
56. Informal terms for money.
57. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
59. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
61. The last (12th) month of the year.
62. The longer of the two telegraphic signals used in Morse code.
63. (informal) Of the highest quality.
67. A colorless explosive liquid that is volatile and poisonous and foul-smelling.