1. A licensed medical practitioner.
4. Roman Emperor who was the adoptive son of Trajan.
10. A long thin fluffy scarf of feathers or fur.
13. A benevolent aspect of Devi.
14. United States writer of caustic wit (1842-1914).
15. Rate of revolution of a motor.
16. A boy or man.
17. Remove from memory or existence.
19. Lac purified by heating and filtering.
22. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
23. A place of worship that has its own altar.
27. Tall feather palm of northern Brazil with hard-shelled nuts yielding valuable oil and a kind of vegetable ivory.
31. Capital and largest city of Iraq.
34. Disparaging terms for the common people.
35. An associate degree in applied science.
38. (Norse mythology) One of the Aesir known for his beauty and skill with bow and skis.
39. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
43. The biblical name for ancient Syria.
44. A digital display that uses liquid crystal cells that change reflectivity in an applied electric field.
45. (prefix) Opposite or opposing or neutralizing.
48. Someone (especially a woman) who annoys people by constantly finding fault.
49. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
53. A four-wheeled wagon that runs on tracks in a mine.
56. A white linen liturgical vestment with sleeves.
57. A peninsula between the Red Sea and the Persian Gulf.
60. Consisting of or made of wood of the oak tree.
61. A run that is the result of the batter's performance.
62. African tree having an exceedingly thick trunk and fruit that resembles a gourd and has an edible pulp called monkey bread.
63. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
1. Coarse edible red seaweed.
2. A member of the Siouan people formerly living in the Missouri river valley in NE Nebraska.
3. (of a young animal) Abandoned by its mother and raised by hand.
4. Norwegian mathematician (1802-1829).
5. English theoretical physicist who applied relativity theory to quantum mechanics and predicted the existence of antimatter and the positron (1902-1984).
6. The limits within which something can be effective.
7. The bureau of the Treasury Department responsible for tax collections.
8. (informal) Of the highest quality.
9. A colorless odorless gaseous element that give a red glow in a vacuum tube.
10. A very troublesome child.
11. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
12. A woman hired to suckle a child of someone else.
18. A Russian prison camp for political prisoners.
20. A soft heavy toxic malleable metallic element.
21. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
24. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
25. (in golf) The standard number of strokes set for each hole on a golf course, or for the entire course.
26. System of measurement based on centimeters and grams and seconds.
28. make senseless or dizzy by or as if by a blow.
29. United States virologist who developed the Salk vaccine that is injected against poliomyelitis (born 1914).
30. Large sweet juicy hybrid between tangerine and grapefruit having a thick wrinkled skin.
32. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
33. (old-fashioned) At or from or to a great distance.
36. Small buffalo of Mindoro in the Philippines.
37. A heavy odorless colorless gas formed during respiration and by the decomposition of organic substances.
40. Injure or wound seriously and leave permanent disfiguration or mutilation.
41. A historical region of southwestern India on the west coast.
42. Tropical starchy tuberous root.
46. Agency of the United States government charged with mediating disputes between management and labor.
47. A sock with a separation for the big toe.
50. Small buffalo of the Celebes having small straight horns.
51. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
52. A town and port in northwestern Israel in the eastern Mediterranean.
54. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
55. Tag the base runner to get him out.
58. A small pellet fired from an air rifle or BB gun.
59. A state in midwestern United States.