1. A state of confusion and disorderliness.
5. A coffee cake flavored with orange rind and raisins and almonds.
10. A cry or noise made to express displeasure or contempt.
13. Type genus of the family Arcidae.
14. Extensive landed property (especially in the country) retained by the owner for his own use.
15. Someone who engages in arbitrage (who purchases securities in one market for immediate resale in another in the hope of profiting from the price differential).
16. Living quarters at a college or university where students live.
17. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
19. (Babylonian) A demigod or first man.
21. Any of various spiny trees or shrubs of the genus Acacia.
22. Large Old World bat of warm and tropical regions that feeds on fruit.
24. Imprudently incurring risk.
25. Type genus of the Nepidae.
26. A Mid-Atlantic state.
27. (computer science) A computer that is running software that allows users to leave messages and access information of general interest.
30. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
35. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
37. Give over.
41. Being one more than fifty.
42. Precipitation of ice pellets when there are strong rising air currents.
43. Wild sheep of northern Africa.
44. The sixth month of the civil year.
46. A genus of evergreen climbers.
48. Sole genus of the family Naiadaceae.
50. An enclosed space.
53. A state in southeastern United States.
54. Very small northern fish.
58. (informal) Of the highest quality.
60. An island of eastern Greece in the eastern Aegean Sea.
61. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
62. (British) A waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric.
63. A fine coating of oxide on the surface of a metal.
64. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
1. A woman of refinement.
2. Become ground down or deteriorate.
3. Lean end of the neck.
4. An Asian skiff usually propelled by two oars.
5. The cry made by sheep.
6. Common house and field crickets.
7. An undergarment worn by women to support their breasts.
8. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
9. A very poisonous metallic element that has three allotropic forms.
10. An indehiscent fruit derived from a single ovary having one or many seeds within a fleshy wall or pericarp.
11. German iris having large white flowers with lavender-tinged falls and a fragrant rhizome.
12. A religious belief of African origin involving witchcraft and sorcery.
18. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
20. In bed.
23. Any member of Athapaskan tribes that migrated to the southwestern desert (from Arizona to Texas and south into Mexico).
28. Date used in reckoning dates before the supposed year Christ was born.
29. East Indian tree yielding a resin used medicinally and burned as incense.
31. A federally sponsored corporation that insures accounts in national banks and other qualified institutions.
32. A village in eastern Ireland (northwest of Dublin).
33. A Kwa language spoken by the Yoruba people in southwestern Nigeria.
34. The Tibeto-Burman language spoken in the Dali region of Yunnan.
36. English theoretical physicist who applied relativity theory to quantum mechanics and predicted the existence of antimatter and the positron (1902-1984).
38. Characterized by a firm and humorless belief in the validity of your opinions.
39. Omission of a sound between two words (usually a vowel and the end of one word or the beginning of the next).
40. A fine grained mineral having a soft soapy feel and consisting of hydrated magnesium silicate.
45. The capital and largest city of Bangladesh.
46. A small piece of cloth.
47. East Indian tart yellow berrylike fruit.
49. Minute floating marine tunicate having a transparent body with an opening at each end.
51. A small cake leavened with yeast.
52. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
55. Seed of a pea plant.
56. Being six more than fifty.
57. Committee formed by a special-interest group to raise money for their favorite political candidates.
59. An international organization of European countries formed after World War II to reduce trade barriers and increase cooperation among its members.