1. Edible tuber of any of several yams.
4. Extensive plain without trees (associated with eastern Russia and Siberia).
10. An abnormally large amount of this fetoprotein in the fetus can signal an abnormality of the neural tube (as spina bifida or anencephaly).
13. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
14. A pipe with a long flexible tube connected to a container where the smoke is cooled by passing through water.
15. 10 hao equal 1 dong.
16. The residue that remains when something is burned.
17. Metal shackles.
19. A collection of objects laid on top of each other.
21. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
22. A United Nations agency created to assist developing nations by loans guaranteed by member governments.
23. Formerly a term of respect for important white Europeans in colonial India.
24. Any culture medium that uses agar as the gelling agent.
28. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
29. United States writer (born in Poland) who wrote in Yiddish (1880-1957).
33. A tricycle (usually propelled by pedalling).
35. Come to pass.
36. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
37. A small cake leavened with yeast.
40. Disabled in the feet or legs.
41. Make anew.
43. Poor and often mischievous city child.
45. A long-playing phonograph record.
47. The capital and chief port of Qatar.
50. Large scissors with strong blades.
54. Small genus of Eurasian shrubs with yellow flowers and bladdery pods.
56. Grass mowed and cured for use as fodder.
57. Strike with disgust or revulsion.
59. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
60. Used of a single unit or thing.
61. Member of an international gang of Jamaican criminals who sell drugs and violence.
62. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
63. A doctor's degree in education.
64. Anneal or toughen by a process of gradually heating and cooling.
65. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
1. Not only so, but.
2. A domed or vaulted recess or projection on a building especially the east end of a church.
3. A member of the Siouan people formerly living in the Missouri river valley in NE Nebraska.
4. Narrow wood or metal or plastic runners used for gliding over snow.
5. Edible starchy tuberous root of taro plants.
6. Type genus of the Elopidae.
7. Relating to the pineal body.
8. An archaic name for Easter or Passover.
9. Half the width of an em.
10. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
11. Of a temperature scale that registers the freezing point of water as 32 degrees F and the boiling point as 212 degrees F at one atmosphere of pressure.
12. A small lake.
18. A portable brazier that burns charcoal and has a grill for cooking.
20. A beautiful and graceful girl.
25. A self-replicating protein molecule that occupies a fixed place on a chromosome.
26. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
27. A light touch or stroke.
30. The act of scanning.
31. A passage with access only at one end.
32. Hormones (estrogen and progestin) are given to postmenopausal women.
34. (computer science) A data transmission rate (bits/second) for modems.
38. Thick heavy expensive material with a raised pattern.
39. A condition in which little or no bile is secreted or the flow of bile into the digestive tract is obstructed.
40. Half the width of an em.
42. Leaf or strip from a leaf of the talipot palm used in India for writing paper.
44. (Judaism) A chant of praise (Psalms 113 through 118) used at Passover and Shabuoth and Sukkoth and Hanukkah and Rosh Hodesh.
46. Colonial siphonophore of up to 130 ft long.
47. An artificial language for international use that rejects rejects all existing words and is based instead on an abstract analysis of ideas.
48. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
49. An indehiscent fruit derived from a single ovary having one or many seeds within a fleshy wall or pericarp.
51. The (prehensile) extremity of the superior limb.
52. Having an eye or eyes or eyelike feature especially as specified.
53. The complete duration of something.
54. A note appended to a letter after the signature.
55. The basic unit of money in Western Samoa.
58. According to need (physicians use PRN in writing prescriptions).
59. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.