1. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
5. English aristocrat who was the first wife of Prince Charles.
10. A former monetary unit in Great Britain.
13. Plant with an elongated head of broad stalked leaves resembling celery.
14. Long-winged web-footed aquatic bird of the gull family.
15. American prizefighter who won the world heavyweight championship three times (born in 1942).
16. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
18. A woman hired to suckle a child of someone else.
19. A beverage made by steeping tea leaves in water.
20. With good sense or in a reasonable or intelligent manner.
21. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
23. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
26. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
28. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
32. (Greek mythology) Goddess of the earth and mother of Cronus and the Titans in ancient mythology.
35. A port city in southwestern Turkey on the Gulf of Antalya.
37. A public promotion of some product or service.
38. Back and sides of a hog salted and dried or smoked.
40. A heavy brittle metallic element of the platinum group.
41. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
42. A piece of furniture that provides a place to sleep.
44. A decree that prohibits something.
45. A telegram sent abroad.
47. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
48. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
49. A small cake leavened with yeast.
54. An implement used to propel or steer a boat.
57. The branch of computer science that deal with writing computer programs that can solve problems creatively.
58. Of or in or relating to the nose.
62. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
64. A Spanish unit of length (about a yard) having different values in different localities.
65. Offering fun and gaiety.
66. A transparent optical device used to converge or diverge transmitted light and to form images.
67. United States writer (born in Poland) who wrote in Yiddish (1880-1957).
68. In bed.
1. Squash bugs.
2. Relating to the deepest parts of the ocean (below 6000 meters).
3. Any customary and rightful perquisite appropriate to your station in life.
4. Something causes misery or death.
5. A metric unit of volume equal to one tenth of a liter.
6. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
7. A large fleet.
8. Waterfall in Canada is the Horseshoe Falls.
9. Hormone secreted by the posterior pituitary gland (trade name Pitressin) and also by nerve endings in the hypothalamus.
10. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
11. Evergreen trees and shrubs having oily one-seeded fruits.
12. Slanting diagonally across the grain of a fabric.
17. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
22. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
24. American professional baseball player who hit more home runs than Babe Ruth (born in 1934).
25. A tricycle (usually propelled by pedalling).
27. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
29. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
30. The face of a timepiece.
31. Small European freshwater fish with a slender bluish-green body.
33. A sweetened beverage of diluted fruit juice.
34. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
36. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
39. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
43. A young woman making her debut into society.
46. African tree having an exceedingly thick trunk and fruit that resembles a gourd and has an edible pulp called monkey bread.
47. A unit of length of thread or yarn.
50. An officer who acts as military assistant to a more senior officer.
51. Acute lung injury characterized by coughing and rales.
52. Type genus of the Anatidae.
53. Made from residue of grapes or apples after pressing.
55. (usually followed by `to') Having the necessary means or skill or know-how or authority to do something.
56. Having been read.
59. Any of various coarse shrubby plants of the genus Iva with small greenish flowers.
60. The syllable naming the sixth (submediant) note of a major or minor scale in solmization.
61. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
63. An associate degree in nursing.