1. Slender bristlelike appendage found on the bracts of grasses.
4. Make difficult to perceive by sight.
9. A vigorous blow.
13. 10 hao equal 1 dong.
14. Having a dusky brownish gray color.
15. Type genus of the family Arcidae.
16. Angular distance above the horizon (especially of a celestial object).
17. A member of a Turkic people of Uzbekistan and neighboring areas.
18. A signal transmitted along a narrow path.
19. Cattle that are reared for their meat.
21. Turn into cheese, of milk.
23. Committee formed by a special-interest group to raise money for their favorite political candidates.
26. A genus of Indriidae.
28. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
32. A state in southeastern India on the Bay of Bengal (south of Andhra Pradesh).
34. Flightless New Zealand birds similar to gallinules.
36. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
37. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
39. Relating to the blood vessels or blood.
40. (astronomy) The angular distance of a celestial point measured westward along the celestial equator from the zenith crossing.
42. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
44. Capital city of the Apulia region on the Adriatic coast.
47. A small cake leavened with yeast.
49. Type genus of the Otariidae.
51. Lower in esteem.
55. A Roman Catholic priest who acts for another higher-ranking clergyman.
59. (informal) Roused to anger.
60. Electrical conduction through a gas in an applied electric field.
61. Surveying instrument consisting of the upper movable part of a theodolite including the telescope and its attachments.
63. (used especially of persons) Having lived for a relatively long time or attained a specific age.
64. A unit of length of thread or yarn.
65. West Indian tree having racemes of fragrant white flowers and yielding a durable timber and resinous juice.
66. Large brownish-green New Zealand parrot.
1. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
2. A raised mark on the skin (as produced by the blow of a whip).
3. A pad of paper for keeping notes.
4. A unit of heat equal to the amount of heat required to raise one pound of water one degree Fahrenheit at one atmosphere pressure.
5. Freedom from difficulty or hardship or effort.
6. Give a nickname to.
7. A medicinal drug used to evoke vomiting (especially in cases of drug overdose or poisoning).
8. Large Old World bat of warm and tropical regions that feeds on fruit.
9. A confusion of voices and other sounds.
10. A particular geographical region of indefinite boundary (usually serving some special purpose or distinguished by its people or culture or geography).
11. Singing jazz.
12. Stable gear consisting of either of two curved supports that are attached to the collar of a draft horse and that hold the traces.
20. Of a temperature scale that registers the freezing point of water as 32 degrees F and the boiling point as 212 degrees F at one atmosphere of pressure.
22. A region of Malaysia in northeastern Borneo.
24. An independent agency of the United States government responsible for collecting and coordinating intelligence and counterintelligence activities abroad in the national interest.
25. A soft silver-white ductile metallic element (liquid at normal temperatures).
27. A Spanish unit of length (about a yard) having different values in different localities.
29. A Tibetan or Mongolian priest of Lamaism.
30. A human female who does housework.
31. A shop selling delicatessen (as salads or cooked meats).
33. The capital and largest city of Yemen.
35. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
38. A light touch or stroke.
41. God of death.
43. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
45. The capital and largest city of Bangladesh.
46. English theoretical physicist who applied relativity theory to quantum mechanics and predicted the existence of antimatter and the positron (1902-1984).
47. A toxic nonmetallic element related to sulfur and tellurium.
48. English monk and scholar (672-735).
49. A logarithmic unit of sound intensity equal to 10 decibels.
50. Hoop that covers a wheel.
52. In a murderous frenzy as if possessed by a demon.
53. The general activity of selling.
54. Tropical starchy tuberous root.
57. An agency of the United Nations affiliated with the World Bank.
58. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
62. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.