1. Experiencing or showing sorrow or unhappiness.
4. Offering little or no hope.
9. Roman poet remembered for his elegiac verses on love (43 BC - AD 17).
13. An index of the cost of all goods and services to a typical consumer.
14. (sometimes followed by `of') Having or showing realization or perception.
15. A sails-shaped constellation in the southern hemisphere near Carina.
16. Relating to or characteristic of or occurring in the air.
17. Small genus of hairy herbs with yellow flowers.
18. In or relating to or obtained from urine.
19. Daughter of Nehru who served as Prime Minister of India from 1966 to 1977 (1917-1984).
21. An alloy of copper and zinc (and sometimes arsenic) used to imitate gold in cheap jewelry and for gilding.
23. The federal department responsible for safeguarding national security.
25. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
26. A high-crowned black cap (usually made of felt or sheepskin) worn by men in Turkey and Iran and the Caucasus.
29. An ugly evil-looking old woman.
32. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
33. (Old Testament) In Judeo-Christian mythology.
38. An informal term for a father.
39. Serving as or forming a base.
41. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
43. A collection of objects laid on top of each other.
45. A long thin fluffy scarf of feathers or fur.
46. A diacritical mark (an inverted circumflex) placed above certain letters (such as c) to indicate pronunciation.
50. Wild sheep of semidesert regions in central Asia.
52. Cause to become awake or conscious.
53. Type genus of the Gavidae.
57. The seventh month of the Moslem calendar.
60. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
61. A genetic disorder of metabolism.
62. In a foreign country.
64. The United Nations agency concerned with international maritime activities.
65. A yearning for something or to do something.
66. A member of an agricultural people of southern India.
67. The compass point that is one point west of due north.
1. A narcotic that is considered a hard drug.
2. The capital of Western Samoa.
3. A full skirt with a gathered waistband.
4. Capital and largest city of Iraq.
5. 100 lwei equal 1 kwanza.
6. The sense organ for hearing and equilibrium.
7. A unit of surface area equal to 100 square meters.
8. English Romantic poet (1795-1821).
9. The female reproductive cell.
10. A word that serves as the predicate of a sentence.
11. (anatomy) Of or relating to the ilium.
12. The capital and largest city of Bangladesh.
20. Amino acid that is formed in the liver and converted into dopamine in the brain.
22. A Loloish language.
24. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
27. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
28. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
30. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
31. Clothing of a distinctive style or for a particular occasion.
34. A member of the Siouan people formerly living in the Missouri river valley in NE Nebraska.
35. Small beads made from polished shells and formerly used as money by native Americans.
36. An enzyme that catalyzes the oxidation of many body compounds (e.g., epinephrine and norepinephrine and serotonin).
37. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
40. One species.
41. English Romantic poet (1795-1821).
42. Flightless New Zealand rail of thievish disposition having short wings each with a spur used in fighting.
44. An Asian temple.
47. Not in a state of sleep.
48. A Louisianian descended from Acadian immigrants from Nova Scotia (`Cajun' comes from `Acadian').
49. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
51. A white soft metallic element that tarnishes readily.
54. Characteristic of false pride.
55. A metrical unit with unstressed-stressed syllables.
56. Beside one another in a row or rank.
58. Goddess of fate.
59. 10 grams.
63. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.