1. Intentionally so written (used after a printed word or phrase).
4. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
9. Greenish-yellow pear.
13. A close friend who accompanies his buddies in their activities.
14. Having two feet.
15. (prefix) Indicating difference or variation.
16. Located in or toward the back or rear.
18. Any competition.
19. A small ball with a hole through the middle.
20. The face veil worn by Muslim women.
23. The state prevailing during the absence of war.
25. (astronomy) The angular distance of a celestial point measured westward along the celestial equator from the zenith crossing.
27. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
32. The sense organ for hearing and equilibrium.
33. Before noon.
35. An Indian side dish of yogurt and chopped cucumbers and spices.
37. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
39. A public promotion of some product or service.
40. Showing or causing joy and pleasure.
41. A tricycle (usually propelled by pedalling).
44. (old-fashioned) At or from or to a great distance.
47. A member of the British order of honor.
53. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
56. Tropical starchy tuberous root.
57. A unit of length of thread or yarn.
58. A person who enjoys reading.
60. Imperial dynasty that ruled China (most of the time) from 206 BC to 221 and expanded its boundaries and developed its bureaucracy.
61. A hotel providing overnight lodging for travelers.
62. A large fleet.
63. An insecticide that is also toxic to animals and humans.
1. Moving quickly and lightly.
2. The United Nations agency concerned with atomic energy.
3. A fastener (as a buckle or hook) that is used to hold two things together.
4. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
5. English theoretical physicist who applied relativity theory to quantum mechanics and predicted the existence of antimatter and the positron (1902-1984).
6. With rapid movements.
7. An acute inflammatory disease occurring in the intestines of premature infants.
8. A sweetened beverage of diluted fruit juice.
9. A coffee cake flavored with orange rind and raisins and almonds.
10. Evergreen trees and shrubs having oily one-seeded fruits.
11. Block consisting of a thick piece of something.
12. The closing section of a musical composition.
17. Fertility goddess in ancient Greek mythology.
21. Stem of the rattan palm used for making canes and umbrella handles.
22. Any culture medium that uses agar as the gelling agent.
24. A state in northwestern North America.
26. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
28. South American wood sorrel cultivated for its edible tubers.
29. A river that rises in western New Mexico and flows westward through southern Arizona to become a tributary of the Colorado River.
30. Essential oil or perfume obtained from flowers.
31. An informal term for a father.
34. A flat-bottomed volcanic crater that was formed by an explosion.
36. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
38. Something acquired without compensation.
42. A native of ancient Troy.
43. Counting the number of white and red blood cells and the number of platelets in 1 cubic millimeter of blood.
45. English monk and scholar (672-735).
46. Having help.
48. Chief port of Yemen.
49. A signal transmitted along a narrow path.
50. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
51. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
52. A loud bombastic declamation expressed with strong emotion.
54. An undergarment worn by women to support their breasts.
55. (Irish) The sea personified.
59. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.