1. The act of hopping (jumping upward or forward (especially on one foot)).
4. A genus of Ploceidae.
9. United States writer (born in Poland) who wrote in Yiddish (1880-1957).
13. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
14. A mountain range in South America running 5000 miles along the Pacific coast.
15. Imagined as in a play.
16. A former agency (from 1946 to 1974) that was responsible for research into atomic energy and its peacetime uses in the United States.
17. (Judaism) A Jewish festival (traditionally 8 days) celebrating the exodus of the Israelites from Egypt.
18. A sudden numbing dread.
19. An alluvial deposit that contains particles of some valuable mineral.
22. An instinctive motive.
24. United States liquid unit equal to 4 quarts or 3.785 liters.
25. Any of various shrubs or small trees of the genus Dombeya grown for their rounded clusters of exquisite often sweet-scented flowers usually hanging beneath the leaves.
31. Remove a bar from (a door, for example).
34. A long thin fluffy scarf of feathers or fur.
35. (of a young animal) Abandoned by its mother and raised by hand.
37. Shift from one side of the ship to the other.
41. Very large red gum tree.
44. Primitive chlorophyll-containing mainly aquatic eukaryotic organisms lacking true stems and roots and leaves.
46. A bin that holds rubbish until it is collected.
47. In a foreign country.
51. Submerged aquatic plant having narrow leaves and small flowers.
54. One of the most common of the five major classes of immunoglobulins.
55. Bulky grayish-brown eagle with a short wedge-shaped white tail.
56. (Sumerian) Legendary friend of Gilgamish.
58. A long projecting or anterior elongation of an animal's head.
59. A branch of the Tai languages.
60. A severe recurring vascular headache.
61. Large brownish-green New Zealand parrot.
62. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
1. A collection of objects laid on top of each other.
2. German industrialist who was the first in Germany to use an assembly line in manufacturing automobiles (1871-1948).
3. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
4. One whose occupation is decorating walls with wallpaper.
5. Reduction or lack of an immune response to a specific antigen.
6. A doctor's degree in dental surgery.
7. Lacking or deprive of the sense of hearing wholly or in part.
8. The residue that remains when something is burned.
9. Strike with disgust or revulsion.
10. Speaking a Slavic language.
11. City in southwestern Colombia in a rich agricultural area.
12. Type genus of the Hylidae.
20. A communist state in the Caribbean on the island of Cuba.
21. (Greek mythology) Goddess of the earth and mother of Cronus and the Titans in ancient mythology.
23. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
26. United States musician (born in Japan) who married John Lennon and collaborated with him on recordings (born in 1933).
27. A master's degree in business.
28. Make amends for.
29. An amino acid that is found in the central nervous system.
30. In bed.
32. A light strong brittle gray toxic bivalent metallic element.
33. A viewer who gives a flirtatious or lewd look at another person.
36. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
38. Type genus of the family Arcidae.
39. An ornamental jewelled headdress signifying sovereignty.
40. (trade mark) A soft form of cereal for infants.
42. The fourth month of the Hindu calendar.
43. Massive powerful herbivorous odd-toed ungulate of southeast Asia and Africa having very thick skin and one or two horns on the snout.
45. Spanish architect who was a leading exponent of art nouveau in Europe (1852-1926).
48. Utter a high-pitched cry, characteristic of pigs.
49. American novelist (1909-1955).
50. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
52. A graphical recording of the cardiac cycle produced by an electrocardiograph.
53. (Irish) The sea personified.
57. A colorless odorless gaseous element that give a red glow in a vacuum tube.