1. A former agency (from 1946 to 1974) that was responsible for research into atomic energy and its peacetime uses in the United States.
4. Valuable fiber plant of East Indies now widespread in cultivation.
9. A United Nations agency created by a multinational treaty to promote trade by the reduction of tariffs and import quotas.
13. A doctor's degree in preventive medicine.
14. Small shrubby African tree having compound leaves and racemes of small fragrant green flowers.
15. The chief solid component of mammalian urine.
16. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
18. Large sweet juicy hybrid between tangerine and grapefruit having a thick wrinkled skin.
19. Acquire or gain knowledge or skills.
20. An independent agency of the United States government responsible for aviation and spaceflight.
21. A state in New England.
22. A cylindrical drawstring bag used by sailors to hold their clothing and other gear.
24. Having the leading position or higher score in a contest.
26. Open-heart surgery in which the rib cage is opened and a section of a blood vessel is grafted from the aorta to the coronary artery to bypass the blocked section of the coronary artery and improve the blood supply to the heart.
27. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
29. 16 ounces.
33. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
36. Having undesirable or negative qualities.
38. No longer having or seeming to have or expecting to have life.
43. English theoretical physicist who applied relativity theory to quantum mechanics and predicted the existence of antimatter and the positron (1902-1984).
45. An island in the Persian Gulf.
46. The capital and largest city of Bangladesh.
48. The branch of computer science that deal with writing computer programs that can solve problems creatively.
49. Full of submerged reefs or sandbanks or shoals.
56. An associate degree in applied science.
57. (Judaism) A Jewish festival (traditionally 8 days) celebrating the exodus of the Israelites from Egypt.
60. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
61. Hormone released by the hypothalamus that controls the release of thyroid-stimulating hormone from the anterior pituitary.
62. A kind of heavy jacket (`windcheater' is a British term).
63. A mature blood cell that contains hemoglobin to carry oxygen to the bodily tissues.
64. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
65. West Indian tree having racemes of fragrant white flowers and yielding a durable timber and resinous juice.
66. East Indian tree bearing a profusion of intense vermilion velvet-textured blooms and yielding a yellow dye.
1. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
2. An ancient Hebrew unit of dry measure equal to about a bushel.
3. The act of pursuing.
4. A metric unit of length equal to 1000 meters (or 0.621371 miles).
5. An ancient Assyrian city on the River Tigris and traditional capital of Assyria.
6. Medium-sized tree having glossy lanceolate leaves.
7. The sign language used in the United States.
8. King of Saudi Arabia from 1964 to 1975 (1906-1975).
9. A Russian prison camp for political prisoners.
10. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
11. A three-tone Chadic language.
12. The taste experience when a savoury condiment is taken into the mouth.
17. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
23. A gradual decline (in size or strength or power or number).
25. A light touch or stroke.
28. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
30. A sodium salt of carbonic acid.
31. Being three more than fifty.
32. The act of scanning.
34. Flower arrangement consisting of a circular band of foliage or flowers for ornamental purposes.
35. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
37. A city in north central Nigeria.
39. An informal term for a father.
40. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
41. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
42. A inexpensive showy collectibles.
43. A Russian prison camp for political prisoners.
44. A high-crowned black cap (usually made of felt or sheepskin) worn by men in Turkey and Iran and the Caucasus.
45. A port in southern Lebanon on the Mediterranean Sea.
47. Doglike nocturnal mammal of Africa and southern Asia that feeds chiefly on carrion.
48. Of or relating to the stomach and intestines.
50. A chordophone that has a triangular frame consisting of a sounding board and a pillar and a curved neck.
51. A law passed by US Congress to prevent employees from being injured or contracting diseases in the course of their employment.
52. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
53. Warm-blooded egg-laying vertebrates characterized by feathers and forelimbs modified as wings.
54. A small cake leavened with yeast.
55. Noisy talk.
58. A colloid that has a continuous liquid phase in which a solid is suspended in a liquid.
59. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
60. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.