1. Extremely pleasing.
4. A person who is very poor.
10. Having undesirable or negative qualities.
13. How long something has existed.
14. Generic term for inflammatory conditions of the skin.
15. The compass point midway between east and southeast.
16. A state of extreme confusion and disorder.
18. Water frozen in the solid state.
20. Covered with paving material.
22. Someone who buys old buildings or ships and breaks them up to recover the materials in them.
24. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
26. An insecticide that is also toxic to animals and humans.
27. An Indian nursemaid who looks after children.
30. In bed.
34. An oleoresin used in varnishes and ointments.
38. One of the most common of the five major classes of immunoglobulins.
39. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
42. A song or hymn of mourning composed or performed as a memorial to a dead person.
44. Extreme mental retardation.
46. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
47. A sweetened beverage of diluted fruit juice.
48. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
55. The capital and largest city of Zimbabwe.
58. (of exocrine glands) Producing a clear aqueous secretion without releasing part of the secreting cell.
59. Blood cells that engulf and digest bacteria and fungi.
60. Any member of Athapaskan tribes that migrated to the southwestern desert (from Arizona to Texas and south into Mexico).
62. Kidney disease characterized by enlarged kidneys containing many cysts.
63. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
64. A young unmarried woman.
65. The organ of sight (`peeper' is an informal term for `eye').
1. A piece of information about circumstances that exist or events that have occurred.
2. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
3. Massive plantigrade carnivorous or omnivorous mammals with long shaggy coats and strong claws.
4. (Judaism) A Jewish festival (traditionally 8 days) celebrating the exodus of the Israelites from Egypt.
5. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
6. A type of submachine gun that is designed and manufactured in Israel.
7. (often followed by `of') A large number or amount or extent.
8. Improved or corrected by critical editing.
9. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
10. A beckoning gesture.
11. United States tennis player who was the first Black to win United States and English singles championships (1943-1993).
12. Distinguished from Bovidae by the male's having solid deciduous antlers.
17. A member of the Siouan people formerly living in the Missouri river valley in NE Nebraska.
19. A legal document codifying the result of deliberations of a committee or society or legislative body.
21. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
23. A condition (mostly in boys) characterized by behavioral and learning disorders.
25. The cry made by sheep.
28. United States baseball player (born 1925).
29. South American armadillo with three bands of bony plates.
31. Disabled in the feet or legs.
32. Small ornamental ladies' bag for small articles.
33. Flat tableland with steep edges.
35. The United Nations agency concerned with atomic energy.
36. A small pellet fired from an air rifle or BB gun.
37. (mathematics) Directly proportional.
40. The syllable naming the fourth (subdominant) note of the diatonic scale in solmization.
41. A small stalk bearing a single flower of an inflorescence.
43. An amino acid that is found in the central nervous system.
45. A region in central Italy.
49. Open-heart surgery in which the rib cage is opened and a section of a blood vessel is grafted from the aorta to the coronary artery to bypass the blocked section of the coronary artery and improve the blood supply to the heart.
50. Type genus of the family Arcidae.
51. Either of two large muscles of the chest.
52. A tube with a small bowl at one end.
53. Of the color of black ink.
54. Give over.
56. A unit of absorbed ionizing radiation equal to 100 ergs per gram of irradiated material.
57. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
61. Before noon.