1. (computer science) A coding system that incorporates extra parity bits in order to detect errors.
4. Any of several tropical and subtropical treelike herbs of the genus Musa having a terminal crown of large entire leaves and usually bearing hanging clusters of elongated fruits.
10. A three-year law degree.
13. The syllable naming the sixth (submediant) note of a major or minor scale in solmization.
14. (of reproduction) Not involving the fusion of male and female gametes reproduction".
15. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
16. An early French settler in the Maritimes.
18. A person of subnormal intelligence.
20. Gasoline jelled with aluminum soaps.
23. An uproarious party.
24. United States writer (born in Poland) who wrote in Yiddish (1880-1957).
27. The United Nations agency concerned with civil aviation.
32. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
34. Half the width of an em.
35. Summer cypress.
37. English theoretical physicist who applied relativity theory to quantum mechanics and predicted the existence of antimatter and the positron (1902-1984).
40. Date used in reckoning dates before the supposed year Christ was born.
41. The state of being contaminated.
42. Dragonflies and damselflies.
44. The capital city of Vietnam.
45. Toward the mouth or oral region.
47. A deep bow.
50. Any of various deciduous or evergreen ornamental shrubs of the genus Abelia having opposite simple leaves and cymes of small white or pink or purplish flowers.
55. A self-funded retirement plan that allows you to contribute a limited yearly sum toward your retirement.
56. West Indian tree having racemes of fragrant white flowers and yielding a durable timber and resinous juice.
59. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
60. A room equipped with toilet facilities.
61. A state in northwestern North America.
62. The month following February and preceding April.
63. A Turkish unit of weight equal to about 2.75 pounds.
64. Of an instrument of certain death.
65. Used of a single unit or thing.
1. Either of two large African antelopes of the genus Taurotragus having short spirally twisted horns in both sexes.
2. Tropical American tree producing cacao beans.
3. A boy or man.
4. (criminal law) Money that must be forfeited by the bondsman if an accused person fails to appear in court for trial.
5. Small terrestrial lizard of warm regions of the Old World.
6. (British) Your grandmother.
7. Before noon.
8. A hard malleable ductile silvery metallic element that is resistant to corrosion.
9. Harsh or corrosive in tone.
10. Being three more than fifty.
11. A mountainous landlocked communist state in southeastern Asia.
12. A vessel in which something is immersed to maintain it at a constant temperature or to process or lubricate it.
17. An informal term for a father.
19. A doctor's degree in dental surgery.
21. Being one hundred more than two hundred.
22. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
25. In the Arabian Nights a hero who tells of the fantastic adventures he had in his voyages.
26. A card game in which players bet against the dealer on the cards he will draw from a dealing box.
28. Profane or obscene expression usually of surprise or anger.
29. The seventh month of the Hindu calendar.
30. A floor covering.
31. French filmmaker (1908-1982).
33. An authoritative direction or instruction to do something.
36. A river that rises in central Germany and flows north to join the Elbe River.
38. Small buffalo of the Celebes having small straight horns.
39. Of deserts of northern Africa and southern Asia.
40. Small terrestrial lizard of warm regions of the Old World.
43. (Mexican) Corn and cornmeal dough stuffed with a meat mixture then wrapped in corn husks and steamed.
44. An associate degree in nursing.
46. A coffee cake flavored with orange rind and raisins and almonds.
47. A state in the Rocky Mountains.
48. Any of various strong liquors distilled from the fermented sap of toddy palms or from fermented molasses.
49. Rock that in its molten form (as magma) issues from volcanos.
51. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
52. A Tibetan or Mongolian priest of Lamaism.
53. A theocratic republic in the Middle East in western Asia.
54. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
57. A broad flat muscle on either side of the back.
58. The residue that remains when something is burned.