1. A religious belief of African origin involving witchcraft and sorcery.
4. A high-crowned black cap (usually made of felt or sheepskin) worn by men in Turkey and Iran and the Caucasus.
10. The syllable naming the first (tonic) note of any major scale in solmization.
13. Something that remunerates.
14. Come out into view, as from concealment.
15. Any of various primates with short tails or no tail at all.
16. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
17. A matador or one of the supporting team during a bull fight.
18. Goddess of the dead and queen of the underworld.
19. A place where ships can take on or discharge cargo.
21. The syllable naming the fourth (subdominant) note of the diatonic scale in solmization.
23. (prefix) Within.
26. The Oceanic language spoken by the Maori people in New Zealand.
29. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
30. (`cease' is a noun only in the phrase `without cease') End v 1.
34. Enthusiastic approval.
35. Lessen the intensity of.
36. Antibacterial drug (trade name Nydrazid) used to treat tuberculosis.
37. South American armadillo with three bands of bony plates.
40. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
41. Flat tableland with steep edges.
44. Any heathlike evergreen shrub of the genus Epacris grown for their showy and crowded spikes of small bell-shaped or tubular flowers.
46. The compass point that is one point east (clockwise) of due north.
47. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
48. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
51. A female domestic.
53. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
57. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
60. An agency of the United Nations affiliated with the World Bank.
61. Psychoactive substance present in marijuana.
62. A university town in east central Illinois adjoining Champaign.
63. A barrier constructed to contain the flow or water or to keep out the sea.
64. Take in solid food.
65. African tree having an exceedingly thick trunk and fruit that resembles a gourd and has an edible pulp called monkey bread.
66. A period marked by distinctive character or reckoned from a fixed point or event.
67. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
1. Large elliptical brightly colored deep-sea fish of Atlantic and Pacific and Mediterranean.
2. A small cake leavened with yeast.
3. The eighth month of the civil year.
4. A genus of Cetoniidae.
5. (archaic) Utterly cast down.
6. (Irish) The sea personified.
7. Manufactured in standard sizes to be shipped and assembled elsewhere.
8. A city in northern India.
9. The corporate executive responsible for the operations of the firm.
10. Tropical woody herb with showy yellow flowers and flat pods.
11. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
12. Goddess of the dead and queen of the underworld.
20. Cause a floating log to rotate by treading.
22. Norwegian mathematician (1802-1829).
24. Avatar of Vishnu.
25. Scarabaeid beetle considered divine by ancient Egyptians.
27. An inflammatory disease involving the sebaceous glands of the skin.
28. United States newspaper publisher (1858-1935).
31. (botany) Of or relating to the axil.
32. A dress worn primarily by Hindu women.
33. An unfledged or nestling hawk.
38. A tricycle (usually propelled by pedalling).
39. The great hall in ancient Persian palaces.
40. The corporate executive responsible for the operations of the firm.
42. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
43. Marine fishes with a flattened elongated body and a sucking disk on the head for attaching to large fish or moving objects.
44. A trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
45. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
49. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
50. Consideration in dealing with others and avoiding giving offence.
52. A platform raised above the surrounding level to give prominence to the person on it.
53. Extremely pleasing.
54. An officer who acts as military assistant to a more senior officer.
55. The sixth month of the civil year.
56. A Tibetan or Mongolian priest of Lamaism.
58. A relatively large open container that you fill with water and use to wash the body.
59. The bill in a restaurant.