1. The local time at the 0 meridian passing through Greenwich, England.
4. Send a signal by waving a flag or a light according to a certain code.
10. An audiotape recording of sound.
13. The network in the reticular formation that serves an alerting or arousal function.
14. Get undressed.
15. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
16. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
18. United States liquid unit equal to 4 quarts or 3.785 liters.
19. A crime syndicate in the United States.
21. A percussion instrument consisting of a pair of hollow pieces of wood or bone (usually held between the thumb and fingers) that are made to click together (as by Spanish dancers) in rhythm with the dance.
23. A silvery ductile metallic element found primarily in bauxite.
25. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
26. A hard gray lustrous metallic element that is highly corrosion-resistant.
29. Causing fear or dread or terror.
32. The basic unit of money in Bangladesh.
33. Electronic warfare undertaken under direct control of an operational commander to locate sources of radiated electromagnetic energy for the purpose of immediate threat recognition.
36. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
37. An expression of greeting.
38. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
40. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
41. A festival featuring African-American culture.
46. A radioactive element of the actinide series.
47. A member of the Semitic speaking people of northern Ethiopia.
48. A collection of objects laid on top of each other.
51. A bar of sand.
53. Primitive chlorophyll-containing mainly aquatic eukaryotic organisms lacking true stems and roots and leaves.
55. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
56. White crystalline compound used as a food additive to enhance flavor.
59. Perennial herb of East India to Polynesia and Australia cultivated for its large edible root yielding Otaheite arrowroot starch.
60. Erect leafless flower stalk growing directly from the ground as in a tulip.
64. Your general store of remembered information.
65. (Greek mythology) The god of the underworld in ancient mythology.
66. Using speech rather than writing.
67. An affirmative.
68. Goddess of dawn.
69. A small cake leavened with yeast.
1. A metric unit of weight equal to one thousandth of a kilogram.
2. A member of the Siouan people formerly living in the Missouri river valley in NE Nebraska.
3. A male monarch or emperor (especially of Russia prior to 1917).
4. A dialect of Chinese spoken in the Yangtze delta.
5. Any tree or shrub of the genus Inga having pinnate leaves and showy usually white flowers.
6. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
7. A member of a North American people formerly living in the Colorado river valley in Arizona.
8. A very poisonous metallic element that has three allotropic forms.
9. A crystalline rock that can be cut and polished for jewelry.
10. Mar or spoil the appearance of.
11. The capital of Western Samoa.
12. An official language of the Republic of South Africa.
17. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
20. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
22. An ancient port city in southwestern Spain.
24. The basic unit of money in Albania.
27. A college town in central New York on Lake Cayuga.
28. Alternatively, a member of the family Nymphaeaceae.
30. (used especially of commodities) In the natural unprocessed condition.
31. A period marked by distinctive character or reckoned from a fixed point or event.
34. A mark left by the healing of injured tissue.
35. The arch of bone beneath the eye that forms the prominence of the cheek.
39. A Loloish language.
42. Type genus of the Nepidae.
43. An associate degree in applied science.
44. That which is below standard or expectations as of ethics or decency.
45. An inland sea in northwestern Turkey.
46. The capital of Western Samoa.
49. Selected as the best.
50. Small terrestrial lizard of warm regions of the Old World.
52. Greek mythology.
54. (Old Testament) The eldest son of Isaac who would have inherited the Covenant that God made with Abraham and that Abraham passed on to Isaac.
57. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
58. Offering fun and gaiety.
61. An alliance made up of states that had been Soviet Socialist Republics in the Soviet Union prior to its dissolution in Dec 1991.
62. Hormone secreted by the posterior pituitary gland (trade name Pitressin) and also by nerve endings in the hypothalamus.
63. A numbered compartment in a post office where mail is put to be called for.
64. A ductile gray metallic element of the lanthanide series.