1. Give a nickname to.
4. The place where something begins, where it springs into being.
10. A nucleotide derived from adenosine that occurs in muscle tissue.
13. A self-funded retirement plan that allows you to contribute a limited yearly sum toward your retirement.
14. Type and sole genus of the family Menuridae.
15. The federal agency that insures residential mortgages.
16. 100 agorot equal 1 shekel.
18. Group of people related by blood or marriage.
19. Towards the side away from the wind.
20. A region of Malaysia in northeastern Borneo.
21. A dialect of Chinese spoken in southeastern China.
23. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
24. (electronics) Of a circuit or device having an output that is proportional to the input.
26. A lake in northwestern Russia.
28. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
30. Half the width of an em.
31. Sexually transmitted urethritis (usually caused by chlamydia).
32. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
35. A cushion on a throne for a prince in India.
38. A city in northwestern Switzerland.
41. An acute febrile highly contagious viral disease.
43. (Greek mythology) Goddess of discord.
44. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
45. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
47. A unit of pressure.
48. An anti-TNF compound (trade name Arava) that is given orally.
50. The time of life between the ages of 12 and 20.
52. West Indian tree having racemes of fragrant white flowers and yielding a durable timber and resinous juice.
54. Atlantic coast round clams with hard shells.
58. The compass point that is one point east (clockwise) of due north.
59. Used as a Hindi courtesy title.
62. Plant with an elongated head of broad stalked leaves resembling celery.
63. The compass point that is one point north of due east.
65. On or toward the lee.
66. Small cubes with 1 to 6 spots on the faces.
67. Of or relating to or involving an area.
68. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
1. Portuguese explorer who in 1488 was the first European to get round the Cape of Good Hope (thus establishing a sea route from the Atlantic to Asia) (1450-1500).
2. The capital and largest city of Mongolia.
3. African tree having an exceedingly thick trunk and fruit that resembles a gourd and has an edible pulp called monkey bread.
4. A member of the Siouan people formerly living in the Missouri river valley in NE Nebraska.
5. A rare heavy polyvalent metallic element that resembles manganese chemically and is used in some alloys.
6. A port city in western South Korea on the Yellow Sea.
7. A Russian prison camp for political prisoners.
8. A republic in the Middle East in western Asia.
9. A city in eastern China on the Yangtze River.
10. A federation of North American labor unions that merged with the Congress of Industrial Organizations in 1955.
11. 100 thebe equal 1 pula.
12. A formal expression of praise.
17. Type genus of the Ranidae.
22. Primitive chlorophyll-containing mainly aquatic eukaryotic organisms lacking true stems and roots and leaves.
25. A unit of length of thread or yarn.
27. Ritual hand movement in Hindu religious dancing.
29. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
33. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
34. (Scottish) Bluish-black or gray-blue.
36. The shorter of the two telegraphic signals used in Morse code.
37. A belief (or system of beliefs) accepted as authoritative by some group or school.
39. (mathematics) Of a triangle having three sides of different lengths.
40. Rock that in its molten form (as magma) issues from volcanos.
42. Not equal in amount.
46. (Babylonian) The sky god.
49. Spiritual leader of a Jewish congregation.
51. The capital and largest city of Yemen.
53. Little known Kamarupan languages.
55. An interior passage or corridor onto which rooms open.
56. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
57. (Greek mythology) Goddess of the earth and mother of Cronus and the Titans in ancient mythology.
60. (informal) Of the highest quality.
61. A long thin fluffy scarf of feathers or fur.
64. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.