1. One of several parallel sloping beams that support a roof.
5. (Old Testament) The second patriarch.
10. Electronic equipment that provides visual images of varying electrical quantities.
13. Evergreen trees and shrubs having oily one-seeded fruits.
14. A small faint zodiacal constellation in the southern hemisphere.
15. An accidental happening.
16. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
17. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
18. (informal) Of the highest quality.
19. Food mixtures either arranged on a plate or tossed and served with a moist dressing.
21. A brittle gray crystalline element that is a semiconducting metalloid (resembling silicon) used in transistors.
22. A member of the Nahuatl people who established an empire in Mexico that was overthrown by Cortes in 1519.
24. A characteristic state or mode of living.
26. Measuring instrument in which the echo of a pulse of microwave radiation is used to detect and locate distant objects.
33. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
34. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
36. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
37. (of a young animal) Abandoned by its mother and raised by hand.
38. A tricycle (usually propelled by pedalling).
40. The cry made by sheep.
41. Regional and archaic.
44. Having the leading position or higher score in a contest.
48. Of or relating to the stomach and intestines.
49. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
50. The 3 goddesses of fate or destiny.
55. Something hard to endure.
58. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
59. An artificial language that is a revision and simplification of Esperanto.
60. Naked freshwater or marine or parasitic protozoa that form temporary pseudopods for feeding and locomotion.
62. A mature blood cell that contains hemoglobin to carry oxygen to the bodily tissues.
63. A broad flat muscle on either side of the back.
64. Foul with waste matter.
65. The basic unit of money in Albania.
1. (of persons) Highest in rank or authority or office.
2. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
3. (archaic or Scottish) Faithful and true.
4. An esoteric or occult matter that is traditionally secret.
5. A kind of person.
6. The action of an armed force that surrounds a fortified place and isolates it while continuing to attack.
7. A French abbot.
8. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
9. An esoteric or occult matter that is traditionally secret.
10. An informal conversation.
11. Any competition.
12. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
20. English theoretical physicist who applied relativity theory to quantum mechanics and predicted the existence of antimatter and the positron (1902-1984).
23. A bluish-white lustrous metallic element.
25. An anti-TNF compound (trade name Arava) that is given orally.
27. How long something has existed.
28. An informal term for a father.
29. A unit of magnetomotive force equal to 0.7958 ampere-turns.
30. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
31. The sixth month of the civil year.
32. No longer having or seeming to have or expecting to have life.
35. Having undesirable or negative qualities.
39. Small tropical American tree bearing edible plumlike fruit.
42. Cheap showy jewelry or ornament or clothing.
43. A period marked by distinctive character or reckoned from a fixed point or event.
45. A member of a seafaring group of North American Indians who lived on the Pacific coast of British Columbia and southwestern Alaska.
46. A plant disease caused by the ergot fungus.
47. A unit of elastance equal to the reciprocal of a farad.
51. A small cake leavened with yeast.
52. Cause a floating log to rotate by treading.
53. A very young child (birth to 1 year) who has not yet begun to walk or talk.
54. Noisy talk.
56. Having a toe or toes of a specified kind.
57. A former agency (from 1946 to 1974) that was responsible for research into atomic energy and its peacetime uses in the United States.
61. Informal terms for a mother.