1. System of measurement based on centimeters and grams and seconds.
4. A port in western Israel on the Mediterranean.
9. Earlier than the present time.
13. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
14. Consisting of or involving a single element or component.
15. (used as a sentenced connector) Therefore or consequently.
16. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
17. Bar temporarily.
18. Slightly wet.
19. A genus of Ploceidae.
21. The sciences concerned with gathering and manipulating and storing and retrieving and classifying recorded information.
25. Innumerable but many.
29. A port city in southwestern Iran.
33. A percussion instrument consisting of a pair of hollow pieces of wood or bone (usually held between the thumb and fingers) that are made to click together (as by Spanish dancers) in rhythm with the dance.
34. An esoteric or occult matter that is traditionally secret.
35. A drug combination found in some over-the-counter headache remedies (Aspirin and Phenacetin and Caffeine).
38. A digital display that uses liquid crystal cells that change reflectivity in an applied electric field.
40. (in Gnosticism) A divine power or nature emanating from the Supreme Being and playing various roles in the operation of the universe.
42. A plant hormone promoting elongation of stems and roots.
43. A woman hired to suckle a child of someone else.
46. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
47. A public promotion of some product or service.
48. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
49. A television system that has more than the usual number of lines per frame so its pictures show more detail.
54. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
56. Of or belonging to an aecium.
58. Wild and domestic cattle.
61. A narcotic that is considered a hard drug.
62. (informal) Of the highest quality.
63. Strong lightweight wood of the balsa tree used especially for floats.
64. The basic unit of money in Western Samoa.
1. A sudden very loud noise.
2. An amino acid that is found in the central nervous system.
3. Any of a number of fishes of the family Carangidae.
4. An ancient kingdom of southern Palestine with Jerusalem as its center.
5. Used of a single unit or thing.
6. Of or relating to Fabianism.
7. Make secure by lashing.
8. A port in southwestern Scotland.
9. A tricycle (usually propelled by pedalling).
10. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
11. (computer science) A standardized language for the descriptive markup of documents.
12. Drink excessive amounts of alcohol.
20. Evergreen tree of eastern Asia and Philippines having large leathery leaves and small green-white flowers in compact cymes.
22. A small cake leavened with yeast.
23. Large brownish-green New Zealand parrot.
24. United States anarchist (born in Italy) who with Bartolomeo Vanzetti was convicted of murder and in spite of world-wide protest was executed (1891-1927).
26. A diagrammatic representation of the earth's surface (or part of it).
27. A communist nation that covers a vast territory in eastern Asia.
28. Liquid containing proteins and electrolytes including the liquid in blood plasma and interstitial fluid.
30. Surrealist Spanish painter (1904-1989).
31. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
32. A quantity of no importance.
36. Italian painter whose many paintings exemplify the ideals of the High Renaissance (1483-1520).
37. A small ball with a hole through the middle.
39. Of or relating to or characteristic of the Republic of Chad or its people or language.
41. The central area of a church.
44. Red Bordeaux wine from the Medoc district of southwestern France.
45. Lower in esteem.
50. The basic unit of money in Bangladesh.
51. Any of various minerals consisting of hydrous silicates of aluminum or potassium etc. that crystallize in forms that allow perfect cleavage into very thin leaves.
52. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
53. Primitive chlorophyll-containing mainly aquatic eukaryotic organisms lacking true stems and roots and leaves.
55. A nucleic acid consisting of large molecules shaped like a double helix.
56. An associate degree in nursing.
57. Standard time in the 6th time zone west of Greenwich, reckoned at the 90th meridian.
59. A metallic element having four allotropic forms.
60. A very poisonous metallic element that has three allotropic forms.