1. A formal dance held for a school class toward the end of the academic year.
5. An informal term for a father.
10. A shape that sags.
13. 4-wheeled motor vehicle.
14. Having the leading position or higher score in a contest.
15. An accountant certified by the state.
16. (dialect) A short straight stick of wood.
17. (Babylonian) God of wisdom and agriculture and patron of scribes and schools.
18. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
19. A case or sheath especially a pollen sac or moss capsule.
21. An island in Indonesia east of Java.
23. An undergarment worn by women to support their breasts.
24. A sweetened beverage of diluted fruit juice.
26. A liquid used for printing or writing or drawing.
28. Small siskin-like finch with a red crown.
32. A moving crowd.
36. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
37. An international organization of European countries formed after World War II to reduce trade barriers and increase cooperation among its members.
38. A sock with a separation for the big toe.
39. A genus of Thraupidae.
42. A city in southwestern Switzerland at the western end of Lake Geneva.
43. The capital of Nationalist China.
44. A member of the Nahuatl people who established an empire in Mexico that was overthrown by Cortes in 1519.
45. A collection of objects laid on top of each other.
47. A federal agency established to regulate the release of new foods and health-related products.
48. God of fire.
51. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
53. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
57. English monk and scholar (672-735).
59. Lacking or deprive of the sense of hearing wholly or in part.
62. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
63. A period marked by distinctive character or reckoned from a fixed point or event.
64. A member of an agricultural people of southern India.
66. An agency of the United Nations affiliated with the World Bank.
67. A depression in an otherwise level surface.
68. A port city in southwestern Iran.
69. A young woman making her debut into society.
1. Earlier than the present time.
2. American professional baseball player famous for hitting home runs (1895-1948).
3. A member of the Siouan people inhabiting the valleys of the Platte and Missouri rivers in Nebraska.
4. Large high frilly cap with a full crown.
5. Cooking utensil consisting of a wide metal vessel.
6. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
7. Having nine hinged bands of bony plates.
8. United States physicist (born in Austria) who proposed the exclusion principle (thus providing a theoretical basis for the periodic table) (1900-1958).
9. A public promotion of some product or service.
10. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
11. South American armadillo with three bands of bony plates.
12. Offering fun and gaiety.
20. A rapid bustling commotion.
22. In place of, or as an alternative to.
25. Resembling or characteristic of or appropriate to an elegy.
27. A festival featuring African-American culture.
29. English essayist (1775-1834).
30. An Iranian language spoken in Afghanistan.
31. A unit of length of thread or yarn.
33. Assist or encourage, usually in some wrongdoing.
34. Tear or be torn violently.
35. One thousandth of a second.
40. Any of various small plant-sucking insects.
41. (meaning literally `born') Used to indicate the maiden or family name of a married woman.
46. A genus of Ploceidae.
47. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
49. Cassava with long tuberous edible roots and soft brittle stems.
50. A less than average tide occurring at the first and third quarters of the moon.
51. A tight-fitting headdress.
52. A small ball with a hole through the middle.
53. Being one more than fifty.
54. Set down according to a plan.
55. (of a young animal) Abandoned by its mother and raised by hand.
56. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
58. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
60. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
61. A device for creating a current of air by movement of a surface or surfaces.
65. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.