1. An audiotape recording of sound.
4. A port city in southwestern Iran.
10. A white linen liturgical vestment with sleeves.
13. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
14. A fancy dock for small yachts and cabin cruisers.
15. An ancient Hebrew unit of capacity equal to 10 baths or 10 ephahs.
16. An emergency procedure consisting of external cardiac massage and artificial respiration.
17. Reverent petition to a deity.
18. Large brownish-green New Zealand parrot.
19. An annual publication including weather forecasts and other miscellaneous information arranged according to the calendar of a given year.
22. Not only so, but.
23. A member of a Muslim Turkic people of western Asia (especially in Kazakstan).
25. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
26. Any of various strong liquors distilled from the fermented sap of toddy palms or from fermented molasses.
27. (Old Testament) In Judeo-Christian mythology.
31. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.
33. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
35. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
38. Type genus of the Rhamnaceae.
39. A large fleet.
42. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
43. A woman hired to suckle a child of someone else.
44. South African term for `boss'.
47. God of fire.
49. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
51. Atlantic coast round clams with hard shells.
55. Submerged aquatic plant having narrow leaves and small flowers.
57. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
59. Plant with an elongated head of broad stalked leaves resembling celery.
60. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
61. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
63. On or toward the lee.
64. An enclosed space.
65. Genus of western United States annuals with showy yellow or white flowers.
66. Type genus of the Alcidae comprising solely the razorbill.
1. The process of gradually becoming inferior.
2. Fruit with red or yellow or green skin and sweet to tart crisp whitish flesh.
3. Covered with paving material.
4. A primeval personification of air and breath.
5. United States writer of poems and plays about racial conflict (born in 1934).
6. A member of the Caddo people who formerly lived in the Dakotas west of the Missouri river.
7. God of the underworld.
8. A kind of heavy jacket (`windcheater' is a British term).
9. (British) Your grandmother.
10. A town and port in northwestern Israel in the eastern Mediterranean.
11. United States physiologist (born in Germany) who did research on parthenogenesis (1859-1924).
12. (informal) Exceptionally good.
20. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
21. A deep opening in the earth's surface.
24. The capital of Croatia.
28. (Irish) Mother of the Tuatha De Danann.
29. An ancient Assyrian city on the River Tigris and traditional capital of Assyria.
30. An independent group of closely related Chadic languages spoken in the area between the Biu-Mandara and East Chadic languages.
32. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
34. A Portuguese province on the south coast of China and two islands in the South China Sea.
36. A federal agency established to regulate the release of new foods and health-related products.
37. A member of the Siouan people formerly living in the Missouri river valley in NE Nebraska.
40. Wildly disordered.
41. Type genus of the Amiidae.
45. Jordan's port.
46. The capital and largest city of Yemen.
47. Unknown god.
48. Mentally or physically infirm with age.
49. (British) A waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric.
50. Being or befitting or characteristic of an infant.
52. An interior passage or corridor onto which rooms open.
53. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
54. (Greek mythology) Goddess of the earth and mother of Cronus and the Titans in ancient mythology.
56. A metric unit of volume or capacity equal to 10 liters.
57. Unknown god.
58. The Tibeto-Burman language spoken in the Dali region of Yunnan.
59. A state in northwestern North America.
62. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
63. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.