1. (computer science) The rate at which data is transferred (as by a modem).
4. The form of ratbite fever occurring in the Far East.
10. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
13. An international organization of European countries formed after World War II to reduce trade barriers and increase cooperation among its members.
14. (Greek mythology) The ferryman who brought the souls of the dead across the the river Styx or the river Acheron to Hades.
15. The longer of the two telegraphic signals used in Morse code.
16. Squash bugs.
18. Made of fir or pine.
19. 100 pyas equal 1 kyat.
20. Straighten up or out.
22. A plaything that is ridden up and down by children at either end.
24. A nearly horizontal passage from the surface into a mine.
26. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
27. The god who fathered the islands and gods of Japan with his sister Izanami.
30. Very sad.
34. Ox of southeast Asia sometimes considered a domesticated breed of the gaur.
35. (Old Testament) Cain and Abel were the first children of Adam and Eve born after the Fall of Man.
37. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
38. Set down according to a plan.
41. A large vase that usually has a pedestal or feet.
42. A coenzyme derived from the B vitamin nicotinic acid.
46. An intensely radioactive metallic element that occurs in minute amounts in uranium ores.
49. A Russian river.
51. A federation of North American labor unions that merged with the Congress of Industrial Organizations in 1955.
52. Harmed or injured or spoiled.
55. Eurasian perennial bulbous herbs.
57. West Indian tree having racemes of fragrant white flowers and yielding a durable timber and resinous juice.
58. The eighth month of the civil year.
59. Characterized by dignity and propriety.
62. A decree that prohibits something.
63. Used of the language of the deaf.
64. A genus of Ploceidae.
65. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
1. A man who is the lover of a girl or young woman.
2. English Quaker who founded the colony of Pennsylvania (1644-1718).
3. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
4. Disgraceful gossip about the private lives of other people.
5. A midwestern state in north central United States in the Great Lakes region.
6. An informal term for a father.
7. A metal-bearing mineral valuable enough to be mined.
8. A member of the Muskhogean people formerly living in northern Alabama.
9. Try to forget.
10. A system of one or more computers and associated software with common storage.
11. Common Indian weaverbird.
12. A wad of something chewable as tobacco.
17. The upper house of the parliament of the Republic of Ireland.
21. The site of an archeological exploration.
23. A period marked by distinctive character or reckoned from a fixed point or event.
25. Steady recurrent ticking sound as made by a clock.
28. A Chadic language spoken in northern Nigeria.
29. The 16th letter of the Hebrew alphabet.
31. (Greek mythology) Goddess of the earth and mother of Cronus and the Titans in ancient mythology.
32. One of the most common of the five major classes of immunoglobulins.
33. Airtight sealed metal container for food or drink or paint etc..
36. Wild sheep of northern Africa.
39. Release from a clasp.
40. A village of huts for native Africans in southern Africa.
43. A large fleet.
44. (in Scotland) A child.
45. An abnormally large amount of this fetoprotein in the fetus can signal an abnormality of the neural tube (as spina bifida or anencephaly).
47. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
48. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
50. A branch of the Tai languages.
53. Harsh or corrosive in tone.
54. An amino acid that is found in the central nervous system.
56. The act of slowing down or falling behind.
60. A hard gray lustrous metallic element that is highly corrosion-resistant.
61. A public promotion of some product or service.
62. A light strong gray lustrous corrosion-resistant metallic element used in strong light-weight alloys (as for airplane parts).