1. (informal) Of the highest quality.
4. Derived from or containing calcium or lime.
10. 36th President of the United States.
13. Mythical bird of prey having enormous size and strength.
14. A college town in central New York on Lake Cayuga.
15. Compete for something.
16. A Buddhist who has attained nirvana.
18. The basic unit of money in Honduras.
20. African tree having an exceedingly thick trunk and fruit that resembles a gourd and has an edible pulp called monkey bread.
21. The craniometric point in the region of the sphenoid fontanelle.
22. A public promotion of some product or service.
24. English economist noted for his studies of international trade and finance (born in 1907).
27. Fiddler crabs.
31. Of or relating to or involving an area.
32. Used by southerners for an inhabitant of a northern state in the United States (especially a Union soldier).
35. Large gregarious predatory feline of Africa and India having a tawny coat with a shaggy mane in the male.
37. United States naval officer and historian (1840-1914).
38. A fractional monetary unit of Japan and Indonesia and Cambodia.
40. Avoid or try to avoid, as of duties, questions and issues.
43. South African shrub having flat acuminate leaves and yellow flowers.
47. (Babylonian) God of wisdom and agriculture and patron of scribes and schools.
51. Weapons considered collectively.
52. A Kwa language spoken in Ghana and the Ivory Coast.
54. Mild yellow Dutch cheese made in balls.
55. A correctional institution used to detain persons who are in the lawful custody of the government (either accused persons awaiting trial or convicted persons serving a sentence).
56. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
58. A white linen liturgical vestment with sleeves.
59. (prefix) In front of or before in space.
60. Small terrestrial lizard of warm regions of the Old World.
61. The former capital and 2nd largest city of Brazil.
1. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
2. (Greek mythology) Daughter of Zeus and Demeter.
3. The persistence of a sound after its source has stopped.
4. A stronghold into which people could go for shelter during a battle.
5. A highly unstable radioactive element (the heaviest of the halogen series).
6. A gonadotropic hormone that is secreted by the anterior pituitary.
7. A high-crowned black cap (usually made of felt or sheepskin) worn by men in Turkey and Iran and the Caucasus.
8. A tray for making cubes of ice in a refrigerator.
9. Engraving or carving in low relief on a stone (as in a brooch or ring).
10. Being seven more than fifty.
11. A pen that has a small metal ball as the point of transfer of ink to paper.
12. Close-fitting pants of heavy denim for casual wear (usually in the plural).
17. A port city in southwestern Iran.
19. According to need (physicians use PRN in writing prescriptions).
23. Wild sheep of northern Africa.
25. A member of an Iroquoian people formerly living on the south shore of Lake Erie in northern Ohio and northwest Pennsylvania and western New York.
26. (in Gnosticism) A divine power or nature emanating from the Supreme Being and playing various roles in the operation of the universe.
28. A Loloish language.
29. A soft heavy toxic malleable metallic element.
30. 100 sene equal 1 tala.
33. A primeval personification of air and breath.
34. A tranquilizer (trade name Navane) used to treat schizophrenia.
36. A Powhatan Indian woman (the daughter of Powhatan) who befriended the English at Jamestown and is said to have saved Captain John Smith's life (1595-1617).
37. A gonadotropic hormone that is secreted by the anterior pituitary.
39. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
41. A fabric woven with lisle thread.
42. A communist state in Indochina on the South China Sea.
44. A port city in northwestern Algeria and the country's 2nd largest city.
45. Prevent from being included or considered or accepted.
46. A brace that extends from the rear of the keel to support the rudderpost.
47. Committee formed by a special-interest group to raise money for their favorite political candidates.
48. The sixth month of the civil year.
49. An island in Indonesia east of Java.
50. A slight rounded elevation where the malleus attaches to the eardrum.
53. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
54. A column of light (as from a beacon).
57. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.