1. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
5. At surface level.
10. Hormone produced early in pregnancy by the placenta.
13. A sensation (as of a cold breeze or bright light) that precedes the onset of certain disorders such as a migraine attack or epileptic seizure.
14. A heavy wooden pole (such as the trunk of a young fir) tossed as a test of strength (in the Highlands of Scotland).
15. A period marked by distinctive character or reckoned from a fixed point or event.
16. Pompous or pretentious talk or writing.
17. A city in northern India.
19. The capital and largest city of Jordan.
21. Having undesirable or negative qualities.
22. Primitive chlorophyll-containing mainly aquatic eukaryotic organisms lacking true stems and roots and leaves.
23. A region of Malaysia in northeastern Borneo.
26. A quantity of no importance.
29. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
30. Australian operatic soprano (1861-1931).
34. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
35. The sense organ for hearing and equilibrium.
36. A tricycle (usually propelled by pedalling).
41. A city in southern Turkey on the Seyhan River.
42. A genus of orb-weaving spiders including common garden spiders and barn spiders.
43. A state in New England.
46. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
49. A pilgrimage to Mecca.
54. A flat-bottomed volcanic crater that was formed by an explosion.
56. (of complexion) Blemished by imperfections of the skin.
57. How long something has existed.
60. Any of various coarse shrubby plants of the genus Iva with small greenish flowers.
61. Thigh of a hog (usually smoked).
62. A quick look.
63. Either of two folds of skin that can be moved to cover or open the eye.
64. An associate degree in nursing.
1. A island in the Netherlands Antilles that is the top of an extinct volcano.
2. Stem of plants of the Gramineae.
3. The biblical name for ancient Syria.
4. The dialect of Malay used as the national language of the Republic of Indonesia or of Malaysia.
5. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
6. A motley assortment of things.
7. The first of the Old Testament patriarchs and the father of Isaac.
8. No longer having or seeming to have or expecting to have life.
9. A trivalent metallic element of the rare earth group.
10. Heal or recover.
11. A steep rugged rock or cliff.
12. Offering fun and gaiety.
18. A very young child (birth to 1 year) who has not yet begun to walk or talk.
20. A silvery soft waxy metallic element of the alkali metal group.
24. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
25. Slanderous defamation.
27. In bed.
28. An informal term for a father.
31. Lacking excess flesh.
32. A Chadic language spoken in northern Nigeria.
33. A particular geographical region of indefinite boundary (usually serving some special purpose or distinguished by its people or culture or geography).
37. (trademark) An alloy of iron and nickel having a low coefficient of thermal expansion.
38. Feline mammal usually having thick soft fur and being unable to roar.
39. King of Saudi Arabia since 1982 (born in 1922).
40. Someone who is morally reprehensible.
44. An Indian tree of the family Combretaceae that is a source of timber and gum.
45. American professional baseball player who hit more home runs than Babe Ruth (born in 1934).
46. A public promotion of some product or service.
47. Mentally or physically infirm with age.
48. A complex red organic pigment containing iron and other atoms to which oxygen binds.
50. Similar to the color of jade.
51. A blue dye obtained from plants or made synthetically.
52. (New Testament) Disciple of Jesus.
53. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
55. A logarithmic unit of sound intensity equal to 10 decibels.
56. A soft white precious univalent metallic element having the highest electrical and thermal conductivity of any metal.
58. 1/10 gram.
59. Being nine more than ninety.