1. Herb of the Pacific islands grown throughout the tropics for its edible root and in temperate areas as an ornamental for its large glossy leaves.
5. A harsh hoarse utterance (as of a frog).
10. Anterior pituitary hormone that stimulates the function of the thyroid gland.
13. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
14. Above average in size or number or quantity or magnitude or extent.
15. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
16. The facial expression of sudden pain.
18. Someone who works (or provides workers) during a strike.
19. A room or establishment where alcoholic drinks are served over a counter.
20. Relating to or accompanying birth.
21. Inclined toward or displaying love.
23. A member of the Siouan people formerly living in the Missouri river valley in NE Nebraska.
26. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
27. A state in southeastern United States.
29. (Babylonian) God of wisdom and agriculture and patron of scribes and schools.
30. A soft porous rock consisting of calcium carbonate deposited from springs rich in lime.
34. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
38. A tricycle (usually propelled by pedalling).
40. The sense organ for hearing and equilibrium.
41. An associate degree in nursing.
42. A slippery or viscous liquid or liquefiable substance not miscible with water.
43. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
49. 100 agorot equal 1 shekel.
53. God of death.
56. German chemist who was co-discoverer with Lise Meitner of nuclear fission (1879-1968).
57. A religious belief of African origin involving witchcraft and sorcery.
60. Similar or related in quality or character.
61. Counting the number of white and red blood cells and the number of platelets in 1 cubic millimeter of blood.
62. A port city in southwestern Iran.
64. The compass point midway between northeast and east.
65. Large brownish-green New Zealand parrot.
66. A member of an agricultural people of southern India.
67. Roman goddess of night.
1. Being or moving lower in position or less in some value.
2. The capital of Western Samoa.
3. (of tempo) Slow adv.
4. English scholastic philosopher and assumed author of Occam's Razor (1285-1349).
5. Being ten more than one hundred forty.
6. The network in the reticular formation that serves an alerting or arousal function.
7. Predatory black-and-white toothed whale with large dorsal fin.
8. Small terrestrial lizard of warm regions of the Old World.
9. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
10. A sock with a separation for the big toe.
11. Speaking a Slavic language.
12. Swift timid long-eared mammal larger than a rabbit having a divided upper lip and long hind legs.
17. A feeling of strong eagerness (usually in favor of a person or cause).
22. French filmmaker (1908-1982).
24. Relating to the deepest parts of the ocean (below 6000 meters).
25. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
28. Wild goose having white adult plumage.
31. The act of using.
32. The federal agency that insures residential mortgages.
33. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
35. A public promotion of some product or service.
36. All the plant and animal life of a particular region.
37. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
39. An independent agency of the United States government responsible for collecting and coordinating intelligence and counterintelligence activities abroad in the national interest.
44. A rare silvery (usually trivalent) metallic element.
45. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
46. Any plant of the genus Erica.
47. Submerged aquatic plant having narrow leaves and small flowers.
48. A Dravidian language spoken in south central India.
50. Consisting of or made of wood of the oak tree.
51. Massive powerful herbivorous odd-toed ungulate of southeast Asia and Africa having very thick skin and one or two horns on the snout.
52. An addition that extends a main building.
54. A French abbot.
55. A small cake leavened with yeast.
58. Extremely pleasing.
59. A label made of cardboard or plastic or metal.
63. A silvery soft waxy metallic element of the alkali metal group.