1. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
4. (prosody) Of or consisting of iambs.
10. A sudden loss of consciousness resulting when the rupture or occlusion of a blood vessel leads to oxygen lack in the brain.
13. The longer of the two telegraphic signals used in Morse code.
14. Minute blackish gregarious flies destructive to mushrooms and seedlings.
15. A unit of absorbed ionizing radiation equal to 100 ergs per gram of irradiated material.
16. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
17. Personification of the sky or upper air breathed by the Olympians.
18. American prizefighter who won the world heavyweight championship three times (born in 1942).
19. Spiritual leader of a Jewish congregation.
21. A member of a seafaring group of North American Indians living in southern Alaska.
23. An association of people to promote the welfare of senior citizens.
26. A dark-skinned member of a race of people living in Australia when Europeans arrived.
27. Broken into sharp pieces.
30. Flat tableland with steep edges.
34. An enclosure made or wire or metal bars in which birds or animals are kept.
35. Quieten or silence (a sound) or make (an image) less visible.
36. A river in north central Switzerland that runs northeast into the Rhine.
37. A federal agency that supervises carriers that transport goods and people between states.
39. Any of several small ungulate mammals of Africa and Asia with rodent-like incisors and feet with hooflike toes.
40. (informal) Exceptionally good.
42. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
45. A heavy odorless colorless gas formed during respiration and by the decomposition of organic substances.
50. West Indian tree having racemes of fragrant white flowers and yielding a durable timber and resinous juice.
54. (plate tectonic theory) A hypothetical continent including all the landmass of the earth prior to the Triassic period when it split into Laurasia and Gondwanaland.
56. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
57. The act of escaping physically.
60. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
61. The 21st letter of the Greek alphabet.
62. Someone who operates an aircraft.
63. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
64. The sense organ for hearing and equilibrium.
65. Blatant or sensational promotion.
66. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
1. The sixth month of the civil year.
2. Type genus of the Ranidae.
3. According to the Old Testament he was a pagan king of Israel and husband of Jezebel (9th century BC).
4. (Old Testament) The first of the major Hebrew prophets (8th century BC).
5. (informal) Of the highest quality.
6. An engineering university in Cambridge.
7. The basic unit of money in Thailand.
8. A republic consisting of 26 of 32 counties comprising the island of Ireland.
9. A member of an American Indian peoples of NE South America and the Lesser Antilles.
10. A steep rugged rock or cliff.
11. (Norse mythology) One of the Aesir and avenger of Balder.
12. A nearly horizontal passage from the surface into a mine.
20. Serving as or forming a base.
22. Acute ulceration of the mucous membranes of the mouth or genitals.
24. Antiquity that as survived from the distant past.
25. A sliver-white metallic element of the platinum group that resembles platinum.
28. A flat-bottomed volcanic crater that was formed by an explosion.
29. A city in northern India.
31. Tropical starchy tuberous root.
32. Relating to or characteristic of or occurring on the sea or ships.
33. The part of the nervous system of vertebrates that controls involuntary actions of the smooth muscles and heart and glands.
38. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
41. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
43. A chronic disease of the nose characterized by a foul-smelling nasal discharge and atrophy of nasal structures.
44. An argument opposed to a proposal.
46. A religious belief of African origin involving witchcraft and sorcery.
47. Strike with disgust or revulsion.
48. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
49. An indehiscent fruit derived from a single ovary having one or many seeds within a fleshy wall or pericarp.
51. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
52. The habitation of wild animals.
53. A genus of European owls.
55. Offering fun and gaiety.
58. Electronic equipment that provides visual images of varying electrical quantities.
59. The basic unit of electric current adopted under the System International d'Unites.