1. A watery solution of sugars, salts, and minerals that circulates through the vascular system of a plant.
4. Lower in esteem.
9. Cleaning implement consisting of absorbent material fastened to a handle.
13. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
14. The qualities of a hero or heroine.
15. An amino acid that is found in the central nervous system.
16. (British) An informer or spy working for the police.
18. An island in Indonesia east of Java.
19. One thousandth of a second.
20. Submit or yield to another's wish or opinion.
22. A high-crowned black cap (usually made of felt or sheepskin) worn by men in Turkey and Iran and the Caucasus.
24. Jordan's port.
26. (astronomy) The angular distance of a celestial point measured westward along the celestial equator from the zenith crossing.
27. Having or showing keen interest or intense desire or impatient expectancy.
29. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
32. A logarithmic unit of sound intensity.
34. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
36. Having wisdom that comes with age and experience.
39. Someone who engages in arbitrage (who purchases securities in one market for immediate resale in another in the hope of profiting from the price differential).
41. An official prosecutor for a judicial district.
42. The basic unit of money in Macao.
44. A small cake leavened with yeast.
48. Fleshy spore-bearing inner mass of e.g. a puffball or stinkhorn.
50. Food mixtures either arranged on a plate or tossed and served with a moist dressing.
54. A member of the Siouan people formerly living in the Missouri river valley in NE Nebraska.
57. French mathematician and astronomer who formulated the nebular hypothesis concerning the origins of the solar system and who developed the theory of probability (1749-1827).
59. A woman of refinement.
61. A nucleic acid that transmits genetic information from DNA to the cytoplasm.
62. An inflammatory disease of connective tissue with variable features including fever and weakness and fatigability and joint pains and skin lesions on the face or neck or arms.
63. (prosody) Of or consisting of iambs.
65. A doctor who practices veterinary medicine.
66. Related by blood.
67. Wear away.
68. Hormone secreted by the posterior pituitary gland (trade name Pitressin) and also by nerve endings in the hypothalamus.
1. The capital and largest city of Yemen.
2. Having the wind against the forward side of the sails.
3. The 3 goddesses of fate or destiny.
4. The eleventh month of the civil year.
5. A very young child (birth to 1 year) who has not yet begun to walk or talk.
6. A flat wing-shaped process or winglike part of an organism.
7. A colloid that has a continuous liquid phase in which a solid is suspended in a liquid.
8. Any plant of the genus Erica.
9. (computer science) A standardized language for the descriptive markup of documents.
10. A White Protestant of Anglo-Saxon ancestry.
11. A religious belief of African origin involving witchcraft and sorcery.
12. An indehiscent fruit derived from a single ovary having one or many seeds within a fleshy wall or pericarp.
17. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
21. 10 grams.
23. The elementary stages of any subject (usually plural).
25. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
28. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
30. Being or relating to or resembling or emanating from stars.
31. The cry made by sheep.
33. An undergarment worn by women to support their breasts.
35. A drug combination found in some over-the-counter headache remedies (Aspirin and Phenacetin and Caffeine).
37. 1,000,000,000 periods per second.
38. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
40. A small pellet fired from an air rifle or BB gun.
43. A favorable omen.
44. (computer science) A standardized language for the descriptive markup of documents.
45. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
46. A Russian river.
47. West Indian tree having racemes of fragrant white flowers and yielding a durable timber and resinous juice.
49. (folklore) A corpse that rises at night to drink the blood of the living.
50. A light strong brittle gray toxic bivalent metallic element.
51. The immature free-living form of most invertebrates and amphibians and fish which at hatching from the egg is fundamentally unlike its parent and must metamorphose.
52. (of complexion) Blemished by imperfections of the skin.
53. The event of dying or departure from life.
55. A landlocked republic in northwestern Africa.
56. Chief port of Yemen.
58. Lacking sufficient water or rainfall.
60. The rate at which heat is produced by an individual in a resting state.
64. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.