1. Very dark black.
5. Any of several plants of the genus Camassia.
10. A master's degree in library science.
13. Plant with an elongated head of broad stalked leaves resembling celery.
14. Lake in northwestern Russia near the border with Finland.
15. A potent estrogen used in medicine and in feed for livestock and poultry.
16. Having relatively few calories.
17. Relating to or resembling or made of or adorned with pearls or mother-of-pearl.
18. A diagrammatic representation of the earth's surface (or part of it).
19. English scholastic philosopher and assumed author of Occam's Razor (1285-1349).
21. (Britain) Flat semisweet cookie or biscuit usually served with tea.
23. Resinlike substance secreted by certain lac insects.
25. Not only so, but.
26. A light touch or stroke.
29. A white metallic element that burns with a brilliant light.
30. The location of something surrounded by other things.
34. An Arabic speaking person who lives in Arabia or North Africa.
36. Serving as or forming a base.
40. Large burrowing rodent of South and Central America.
41. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
42. Showing or causing joy and pleasure.
44. (Scotland) A small loaf or roll of soft bread.
45. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
46. (astronomy) The angular distance of a celestial point measured westward along the celestial equator from the zenith crossing.
47. Make less active or intense.
49. A colorless and odorless inert gas.
53. A member of an agricultural people of southern India.
56. A native of ancient Troy.
60. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
61. Make amendments to.
64. God of death.
65. Experiencing or showing sorrow or unhappiness.
66. African tree having an exceedingly thick trunk and fruit that resembles a gourd and has an edible pulp called monkey bread.
68. The bill in a restaurant.
69. The 7th letter of the Greek alphabet.
70. An accessory or adjoining anatomical parts or appendages (especially of the embryo).
71. A Kwa language spoken by the Yoruba people in southwestern Nigeria.
1. (prefix) Within.
2. The Tibeto-Burman language spoken in the Dali region of Yunnan.
3. An organization of countries formed in 1961 to agree on a common policy for the sale of petroleum.
4. Relating to or accompanying birth.
5. (informal) Uncomplimentary terms for a policeman.
6. Used of a single unit or thing.
7. Like or containing meat.
8. Be in accord.
9. A deep bow.
10. Designer drug designed to have the effects of amphetamines (it floods the brain with serotonin) but to avoid the drug laws.
11. An accidental hole that allows something (fluid or light etc.) to enter or escape.
12. A rare chronic progressive encephalitis caused by the measles virus and occurring primarily in children and young adults.
20. (British) A waterproof raincoat made of rubberized fabric.
22. A small fragment of something broken off from the whole.
24. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
27. A unit of surface area equal to 100 square meters.
28. A small cake leavened with yeast.
31. A Chadic language spoken south of Lake Chad.
32. Singing jazz.
33. A long thin piece of cloth or paper as used for binding or fastening.
35. A coffee cake flavored with orange rind and raisins and almonds.
37. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
38. Speaking a Slavic language.
39. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
43. (Irish) Mother of the Tuatha De Danann.
48. A commercial leavening agent containing yeast cells.
50. The capital of Morocco.
51. (Old Testament) The minister of the Persian emperor who hated the Jews and was hanged for plotting to massacre them.
52. Large antelope with lightly spiraled horns of desert regions of North Africa.
54. An informal term for a father.
55. An amino acid that is found in the central nervous system.
57. A collection of facts from which conclusions may be drawn.
58. Any of various strong liquors distilled from the fermented sap of toddy palms or from fermented molasses.
59. (Babylonian) God of wisdom and agriculture and patron of scribes and schools.
62. The longest division of geological time.
63. The compass point that is one point east (clockwise) of due north.
67. A soft silvery metallic element of the alkali earth group.