1. Edible tuber of any of several yams.
4. An attendant who puts pool or billiard balls into a rack.
10. The residue that remains when something is burned.
13. A federal agency established to coordinate programs aimed at reducing pollution and protecting the environment.
14. Call forth.
15. Aircraft landing in bad weather in which the pilot is talked down by ground control using precision approach radar.
16. Belonging to or on behalf of a specified person (especially yourself).
17. Any tree of the genus Genipa bearing yellow flowers and edible fruit with a thick rind.
18. The sense organ for hearing and equilibrium.
19. A bag used for carrying money and small personal items or accessories (especially by women).
21. A northeastern Iranian language spoken in Russia.
23. (Irish) Mother of the ancient Irish gods.
24. Remote in manner.
25. A metallic element having four allotropic forms.
27. Title for a civil or military leader (especially in Turkey).
29. Greek mythology.
33. A rotating disk shaped to convert circular into linear motion.
34. A professional cook.
37. A city of central China.
38. The blood group whose red cells carry both the A and B antigens.
40. That is to say.
41. A public promotion of some product or service.
42. Standard time in the 6th time zone west of Greenwich, reckoned at the 90th meridian.
43. Serving as or forming a base.
45. A light touch or stroke.
48. Someone who is morally reprehensible.
50. A superior grade of black tea.
53. Of or relating to abasia (inability to walk).
55. The act of escaping physically.
59. An imaginary elephant that appears in a series of French books for children.
62. An informal term for a father.
63. A compartment in front of a motor vehicle where driver sits.
64. A kind of heavy jacket (`windcheater' is a British term).
66. A loose sleeveless outer garment made from aba cloth.
67. Marked by skill in deception.
68. West Indian tree having racemes of fragrant white flowers and yielding a durable timber and resinous juice.
69. A barrier constructed to contain the flow or water or to keep out the sea.
1. Not only so, but.
2. The capital of Western Samoa.
3. Hardened sugary exudation of various trees.
4. A motley assortment of things.
5. A particular geographical region of indefinite boundary (usually serving some special purpose or distinguished by its people or culture or geography).
6. Music composed for dancing the conga.
7. A member of the Dravidian people living in southeastern India.
8. A city in southern Finland.
9. A rational motive for a belief or action.
10. American novelist (1909-1955).
11. Singing jazz.
12. Swift timid long-eared mammal larger than a rabbit having a divided upper lip and long hind legs.
20. A nucleic acid consisting of large molecules shaped like a double helix.
22. The second largest city in Tunisia.
26. A small cake leavened with yeast.
28. Harsh or corrosive in tone.
30. The person or thing chosen or selected.
31. Freedom from difficulty or hardship or effort.
32. (prefix) In front of or before in space.
35. A collection of objects laid on top of each other.
36. The syllable naming the fourth (subdominant) note of the diatonic scale in solmization.
39. A long noosed rope used to catch animals.
44. Covered with scabs.
46. A light strong brittle gray toxic bivalent metallic element.
47. A former agency (from 1946 to 1974) that was responsible for research into atomic energy and its peacetime uses in the United States.
49. English theoretical physicist who applied relativity theory to quantum mechanics and predicted the existence of antimatter and the positron (1902-1984).
50. (Akkadian) God of wisdom.
51. Cubes of meat marinated and cooked on a skewer usually with vegetables.
52. Port city on southern Honshu on Osaka Bay.
54. Any of numerous local fertility and nature deities worshipped by ancient Semitic peoples.
55. A silvery soft waxy metallic element of the alkali metal group.
56. (Babylonian) God of storms and wind.
57. A metabolic acid found in yeast and liver cells.
58. Mild yellow Dutch cheese made in balls.
60. A unit of pain intensity.
61. A constellation in the southern hemisphere near Telescopium and Norma.
65. A silvery soft waxy metallic element of the alkali metal group.